Ercm pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimshamis

I have an xl with the 5.9 I hear the ercm pipe is the way to go will it work with the stock manifold I would like to get one where can I pick one up at couldn't find anything on ebay

slim, save yourself a chunk of coin and get a dynamite 086. my buddie put one on his k5.9, got it for about $55.00 price including one piece header, and its prob the same performance-wise as the ercm which is gonna cost you double that for the pipe plus the header.

I like how when before Robin was banned everything was ercm and now its forget him and go to someone else. Gotta Love it!

I have not had any personal experience using an ercm pipe, but have seen a few and they really boost the power on the engine. Travis, I second your opinion as well.

So robin sells the complete exhaust, manifold and pipe

no sir.... he only sells the pipe. you use your stock header

I like how when before Robin was banned everything was ercm and now its forget him and go to someone else. Gotta Love it!

i totally agree. nuff said. if the man makes a good product....he makes a good product and stands by it.....whether a member of this site or not.

If you have the coin get the RC hub header and the ERCM side bleed or end bleed..

I still can't get over how much POWA this ERCM K has..
Thank god i only paid $20 for a set of HPI nubz there almost bald ;)

I've been emailing robin for the side bleed but can't get a hold of him is there somewhere else that sells his product

i totally agree. nuff said. if the man makes a good product....he makes a good product and stands by it.....whether a member of this site or not.

Nah guys, Ive run both pipes on a modded picco, i'll give the ercm pipe the benefit of being louder.

my point being tho (and i shouldve known that a few would automatically turn this into a ercm thing) that, yeah maybe drop $100.00+ or more on a pipe if you have a pricey mill or one its could make a difference on, but to drop that kinda coin on a pipe and slap it on a K5.9 is bad advice.

If you ask the "pipe" question and there were truggy racers in the house, they'd prolly recommend a Mugen MSR 1005 pipe (which is big coin). Tell them your putting it on a k5.9 (or better yet a Savage) and they'd prolly tell you your wasting your money.

travis, i lol when i read your post you silly little child :)

So r u guys telling me not to put that pipe on my 5.9

not telling you not to bro, its your money and you gotta spend it how you want.

That k5.9 is not gonna give you the kind of rpm that a .28 is no matter what you do to it. imo its crazy to spend double the price of a pipe thats gonna give you comparible performance.

if i were in your shoes, id honestly keep the stock pipe on that K and save up for a better mill if your looking for performance gains.

So r u guys telling me not to put that pipe on my 5.9

a side note is that Robin of ERCM is having some health issues leaving him unable to modify motors or take any pipe orders at the moment, but once hes back to health and able to get to his computer (its down stairs from my understanding and hes in a fair bit of pain so its hard to get to) he will respnd to ya. Theres a few people waiting for him to work his magic. The pipe is expensive no denying that, but its hand made and has a lot of R&D time behind it. he doesn't have the machines like OFNA and dynamite to send pipes out in mass production. so your paying for a one of a kind numbers stamped performance pipe. Perhaps fred is right in stating that a stock 5.9 is not quite worth upgrading a pipe on. save your money for a good performing mill (LRP or picco) and then take the pipe upgrade step afterwards. best of luck either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give the pipe the benefit of it being a performance enhancer and being loud, but after my expierience with Robin, I will not deal with him anymore. I ordered a pipe a few months back, and waited up to two weeks ago to recieve a pipe or my money back. I ended up purchasing one locally on this site. I emailed Robin for a long time and never had any replies or had excuses that he had not started the pipe, when I recieved my email 2 weeks ago that said he would refund me the money he also told me he hadn't even started the pipe anyway that i ordered 4 months ago!!!!! Yes I love my ERCM Picco and pipe, but I will not deal with again, p.s. paypal had to get involved to get me my money back.

I will give the pipe the benefit of it being a performance enhancer and being loud, but after my expierience with Robin, I will not deal with him anymore. I ordered a pipe a few months back, and waited up to two weeks ago to recieve a pipe or my money back. I ended up purchasing one locally on this site. I emailed Robin for a long time and never had any replies or had excuses that he had not started the pipe, when I recieved my email 2 weeks ago that said he would refund me the money he also told me he hadn't even started the pipe anyway that i ordered 4 months ago!!!!! Yes I love my ERCM Picco and pipe, but I will not deal with again, p.s. paypal had to get involved to get me my money back.

Glad you got your money back. thankfully you paid via paypal. perhaps you could get an 086 pipe and make a run/comparison of the 2 pipes and give shamis some feedback. save him some cash maybe.

if i still had my ercm pipe and my 086, id let him try both on that k5.9 to make his own comparison.

I see where your coming from, Robin is sick (last time i heard) he couldn't even sit down, let alone make a pipe. He maybe was waiting for a "good day" to make the pipe and his pain got worst ? I don't know the hole story behind Robins sickness but i do know he was in chronic pain .. and IMO the HPI ribbed pipe is louder then the ERCM side bleed :lmao:

well i pulled the 5.9 and dropped in my axial .32rr spec 1 motor i only had about a 1/4 gallon through it after break in, also got my new rims and tires on and my hd servo save spring in
so far my mods are
1. hpi roll cage
2. hpi wheelie bar
3. hpi sway bar set
4. maximizer 1/2 offset beedlocks with bowtie maxx
5. axial .32rr spec 1 motor
6.hitec 7955tg steering servo
7. my own custom fix for half tank lean
next on the list is the hpi big bore shocks
f78bb2ee.jpg

No Limit champ wins with ERCM products

I have a ECRM modded K5.9 with ERCM pipe that won the NoLimit RCWF BB pulling, and a stock K5.9 with ERCM pipe that got 3rd in the same class. You would have to understand the dynamics of what Robin has put together. The many years of R&D and tuning is unbeatable.

What is the real reason Robin is banned?

Glad you got your money back. thankfully you paid via paypal. perhaps you could get an 086 pipe and make a run/comparison of the 2 pipes and give shamis some feedback. save him some cash maybe.

if i still had my ercm pipe and my 086, id let him try both on that k5.9 to make his own comparison.

Seeing that is my ercm motor that he has and I ran both 086 and ercm the ercm makes more noise and looks better and is a hair faster.

Would it flat out - out run a 086 I don't think so for a second and I told Robin this to his face (thats for Travis) But a tad faster .. yes

It did add the ability to get a hair more top end out of the picco but I don't even have the production pipe. That pipe (production) was made to be easier to make with a slight compromise over his first design in performance. It still rips arse though and looks the bomb. So its all about how much money you have to blow and how much show you want with your go... His price is fair for the amount of hand work it takes to make. Its 100% quality and 300% durability over the 086 all day.

Now for a 5.9 I don't think any of this applies. I don't think the 086 is a good mach for that motor to start. Id try a 053 first as the 5.9 is not a top end motor to benefit from a top end pipe... A 5.9 that has been re-timed from Robin to work with the pipe is another story all together again...

I have a ECRM modded K5.9 with ERCM pipe that won the NoLimit RCWF BB pulling, and a stock K5.9 with ERCM pipe that got 3rd in the same class.

So your saying that you've never won a pulling event with any other pipe coupled on your K5.9 motor and only began winning when you changed to this pipe? Am i reading this right?

You would have to understand the dynamics of what Robin has put together. The many years of R&D and tuning is unbeatable.

Yes, ive seen the threads about your victories.... all good stuff right there. I'm sure you have a lot of time and money invested. It would stand to reason that you've earned yourself a good bit of sponsorship free parts, etc, especially where you get names into r/c websites and stuff; which is outstanding.

Reading back to the original poster, slimshamis doesnt compete in pulling & this thread is about him & his truck and the pipe he's lookin' to buy.

So with that in mind, here are some questions to consider tryin to help shamis get a pipe:

1. He would be paying retail so, is it worth it for him to pay $150.00 for a pipe vs. $55.00 for a pipe that will yield similar performance?

2. What is shamis's time-frame to buy a pipe? He posted that he's not getting replies to his emails & members are posting that the ERCM pipes aren't being made at the moment nor can he find one on ebay. Could be a problem for shamis if he's lookin' to buy in the next few weeks before winter arrives.

3. Do you have an 086 & a ercm pipe you could send to shamis to let him make his own decision? if i still owned them, they'd be in the mail to him to try.

What is the real reason Robin is banned?
don't really see where this is relevant to shamis's thread on buying a pipe, but if your interested in getting involved with the drama surrounding your question, i heard there's information on another forum. You could prob get a link to it if you ask around. :peace:

thanks alot guys for all you help with my decision i think i might go with the 086 i no longer have the 5.9 in there anymore i swapped it with my axial .32RR spec 1 motor and i must say it is alot stronger than that 5.9, i am also in the middle of installing the perry pump i will keep all updated

thanks alot guys for all you help with my decision i think i might go with the 086 i no longer have the 5.9 in there anymore i swapped it with my axial .32RR spec 1 motor and i must say it is alot stronger than that 5.9, i am also in the middle of installing the perry pump i will keep all updated

cool beans shamis, make a build thread with plenty pics :rocker:

Perry pumps don't work well in this RPM range. Robin told me this info as well back when there was a guy here tying to use one. they rock on slower RPM motors and are good for pumping oil into the pipes for smoke screens n stuff too!

My take on the ERCM endbleed with a modded Picco, a tad more top end, but noticeable low end. Truch defintely has more punch and a bit more on top. Quality is apples and oranges to the 086. SS is stronger, better looking. Getting one now may be difficult due to the health issues mentioned. I'm still trying the side bleed on the LST.

well i thought the name of this thread was ERCM PIPE....NOT 086 pipe. the gentleman asked for opinions on the ercm pipe. not many have put pipe on a 5.9....i have personally tried and in my opinion the pipe did well after a change Robin said to make to the header. Bulldaddy has run ercm pipes on a modded 5.9 and a stock 5.9 with excellent results. so....don't know how in the world this turned into a bash ercm pipes section..... but he asked for honest input and he got it from the ERCM pipe users. there's always gonna be one in the group that won't like the the flavor........but the general public that uses the pipe seem to have no problems.

as for the banning of Purenitro..... he just asked that his vendorship be removed......not membership. quote from Robin's mouth "i don't know why I'm not a member of the site."

well i thought the name of this thread was ERCM PIPE....NOT 086 pipe. the gentleman asked for opinions on the ercm pipe. not many have put pipe on a 5.9....i have personally tried and in my opinion the pipe did well after a change Robin said to make to the header. Bulldaddy has run ercm pipes on a modded 5.9 and a stock 5.9 with excellent results. so....don't know how in the world this turned into a bash ercm pipes section..... but he asked for honest input and he got it from the ERCM pipe users. there's always gonna be one in the group that won't like the the flavor........but the general public that uses the pipe seem to have no problems.

as for the banning of Purenitro..... he just asked that his vendorship be removed......not membership. quote from Robin's mouth "i don't know why I'm not a member of the site."

family I got to back my naybore on this one the pipe rocks ror me
100_3940.jpg

I used the ERCM pipe on my LRP .28 and I was also really happy with how it responded to it. I have now turned my nitro to a electric and have no use for the ERCM sidebleed pipe. If you are interested I can give it to you for a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Members online

Back