Diff problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

I was out running my truck last night when I started hearing some clicking come from the truck at low speed or when I applied the brakes. As it got up to speed it would go away. After about 2/3 of the tank the clicking got worse and I could actually see the truck jumping from the problem. I picked the truck up and gave it some gas and when I applied the brake both front wheels continued to turn. I have taken the front diff out and all the gears inside appear to have no problems. Upon reassembling the truck I noticed that when I tried to tighten down one of the wheels the drive shaft would turn all the way up to the diff. Is there any ideas of what could be causing this?

Just took another look at the truck, fixed the wheel turning freely. Now I just need to figure out what the problem is.

Did you look at the Ring and pinion gears close. All they need to be missing is one tooth. The main failure one is the one that is the input to the diff. It's like 13t and the drive cup coming from the transmission drive shaft attachés to.

I found the problem on the truck. The pins come out of my cvd driveshafts those not turning the wheels. I also think my mesh is a little tight, so I think that is what is causing the clicking I am hearing. Thanks everyone for your help.

Members online

Back