Crash's Savage FLUX HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Doob

I'm practicing some air time for u

shoot video when I get better

Man, I wish these 60C+ batteries had been out when I bought my Flux last year. 50C burst was enough for a standing flip with mine, but not for rollers. With the suspension, tire, chassis, and gearing set-up I have now, my Flux won't even back-flip in the air, much less do them on the ground. It'll s%$#-n-git around a track, though. I might have to think about putting some bigger tires back on and going back to stock length for a week or two to have some freestyle fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wish these 60C+ batteries had been out when I bought my Flux last year. 50C burst was enough for a standing flip with mine, but not for rollers. With the suspension, tire, chassis, and gearing set-up I have now, my Flux won't even back-flip in the air, much less do them on the ground. It'll s%$#-n-git around a track, though. I might have to think about putting some bigger tires back on and going back to stock length for a week or two to have some freestyle fun...

ya, the stock wheel/tire set up is great for free styln

I blew mine up and had to put my old LRP's on it, the shorter wheel/tire combo cripples the flux

You need the tall tires

thought I would drop a update on ya's

I have been running the flux a lot.

burned threw the stock wheels and tires.

I'm running a set of LRP's which are much shorter and do not expand like the stock ones. had to gear up on pinion to 25 and bump the timing up on the motor.

Its running sweet now.

Needed the changes with the tire change.

thought I would drop a update on ya's

I have been running the flux a lot.

burned threw the stock wheels and tires.

I'm running a set of LRP's which are much shorter and do not expand like the stock ones. had to gear up on pinion to 25 and bump the timing up on the motor.

Its running sweet now.

Needed the changes with the tire change.

Careful with that 25t pinion. Bryan from SMC Batteries told me it WILL swell your lipos.

Careful with that 25t pinion. Bryan from SMC Batteries told me it WILL swell your lipos.

the 25 is ok with smaller tires imo

the esc bearly gets warm the motor gets warm and batteries are warm.

thanks, I am watching temps

2 pACKS LAter~

0715100637.jpg

:FarleyParty: only 2s

I am digging out some old wheels ad tires now............

:coolkid01:

Cool man, I have the HPI sways and run the silver sway bars also. I like them, noticeable improvement in handling over stock IMO.

New batterys on the way!

Turnigy 4000mAh 3S 30C LiPo Pack

Spec.
Minimum Capacity: 4000mAh
Configuration: 3S1P / 11.1v / 3Cell
Constant Discharge: 30C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 40C

:jamout:

Those are good batteries, I Have been using them for a few months (except mine are 5000mah) and have not had a problem, except when I went to put deans on them and cut the red and black at the same time, they don't like that ( and I'm suppose to be an electrician lol)

thnx Ryan , frd

I ordered some rubber too - > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=130408735497&view=all&tid=437543200003

Four 40 series Wheels + tires
Fit 23 mm hex adaptor only ( adaptor not included)
Compatible with all 1/8 car
Diameter (of wheel): 4 1/16 inches (103mm)
Diameter (of tire):6 inches (152mm)
Width (of wheel & tire): 3 7/16 inches (87mm)
Stronger grip provides more traction
Extra protection against crashes
Fashionable and Stylish
Replacement for the original dull-looking wheels and worn-out tires
Long durability
Center is precisely measured
Provides stability
Nice finishing edges
Light Weighted (1.86kg [full set])

Last edited by a moderator:
6s will be sweet, but I'm just gonna throw this out there.
4000mah at 30c = 4x30= 120 amps. the savage flux is recommends to run off at least 125 from what i hear but more is always better. 150 would be a nice safe number so theres extra jam when you need it. have you ordered the packs already? heres a few that would have the punch you need
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9515
or these :D
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11956

New batterys on the way!

Turnigy 4000mAh 3S 30C LiPo Pack

Spec.
Minimum Capacity: 4000mAh
Configuration: 3S1P / 11.1v / 3Cell
Constant Discharge: 30C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 40C

:jamout:

They shipped / ONly 45 days from Hk......................:lmao:

lol, wait till is shows up and the package is addressed from a relative in china you never knew you had (with your last name) & marked as a gift lol.

this is how the zippies for my heli arrived. too funny.

Latest posts

Members online

Back