Carb Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combuster

i am having trouble trying to remove the carb from my s-25. i took the screw that is on the right side of the mill out and on the left i see a locking pin or screw or whatever they call it my question is how do i get that out, is it threaded or does it just slide out.

I am having troubles viewing this.

The "locking pin or screw" thing you are calling, is it a lock nut or is a pinch bolt?

rbc01901-323240.jpg

Pinch bolt^^^

If you have removed the screw these two bolts should move away from each other to free the carb. Try twisting it while pulling it out.

no i think it is a lock because i take out a short screw then on the other side there is a thing that looks like the end of pinch bolt but the screw do not go through the whole thing like the pinch bolt. i was thinking that the screw might have snapped in half in side the carb but i cant see inside. the carb is loose because i can spin it around but i cant pull it out

I'm trying to take mine out as well, and am having a tough time of it. If you figure it out, please post. I'll do the same.

stuck carb

Try puting screw back in loosly and push in on screw it should move in and lossen carb then wiggle it . pushing the screw will side the lock over freeing carb.

ace

Use the screw to push one half of the pinch bolt clear of the carb, then "twist" the carb in the direction of the other half of the pinch bolt to unlock the pressure and then it should break free, seems to work very well.

OK, that was too easy. I did what ace and purenitro said, and it popped right off. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Back