Best clutch set up for xl with lrp.28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BADLLY

Hello all iam new here and i bought a used savage xl off craigslist and what a nightmare it has been lol. Ive had a t-maxx in the past and just getting back into the hobby. Well to start with the truck had a mach .28 blue head mill and i cant get it tuned right so i Just bought a lrp.28 and ofna 086 pipe to start from scratch and my clutch is toast so what would be a good clutch to last. Ive had a werks racing clutch on my tmaxx but kinda pricey Ill prob just bash it and maybe pull it since my lhs has a sled Iam not sure what kinda gearing ill run yet but I have hpi super mudders with maximizer 1/2 offset beadlocks and its has some alum upgrades on it from when i bought it. Iam so far into this thing i money wise now i cant stop lol

thanks for the fast reply and thanks for the welcome ive seen this set up talked about and the twin turbo set up also. I want something that bits hard with very little slip and with good spool up and for them to last. But still unsure

welcome to the forum .... i run nothing but lrp engines ... and i had tried several clutch set ups n like the stock xl shoes and the purple ones as well the best so far i like them alot they grip great n last a long time with the lrp....

well i guess that ill be ordering these come payday since i just placed my order for the 086 pipe and .28spec 3 today what a money pit it has become lol should of just bought a new truck but at the time i thought that i was getting a heck of a deal

+1 on the Dynamite max life shoes and 1.0mm springs. Been running that setup on my XL for a long time and I've never replaced them yet.

well i guess that ill be ordering these come payday since i just placed my order for the 086 pipe and .28spec 3 today what a money pit it has become lol should of just bought a new truck but at the time i thought that i was getting a heck of a deal

Don't wish you had bought a new truck. Then you would have paid for the new truck and the LRP Spec 3. Engine after you throw away the stock Engine. The LRP is an awesome engine. I run the SH .28 8-Port (Same Engine, Different Name) in my Truggy and it is insane. I recently converted it to a Turbo Head button and now the front end lifts coming out of turns. I have to change diff oils to keep the front end down so I can steer out of a turn.
You will like the LRP.

i never ran the max life ones but i have run the fironi (spelling) twin turbo clutch system, and love it, easy install and last quite a while, just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Back