Axial .28 idle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

I am running an Axial .28 in my Savage and I can not seem to keep the idle from running to high. This was posted in another thread and I got this as a suggestion.
try riching your lowend needle 1/8 turns see if it stops

if not, could b a air leak

start a thread to discuss that
I have tried that and it seemed to help for a few minutes, but it went right back to high idle. This is the second carb. in the engine, both did the same thing. Could my mid-speed needle cause any of this, since it seems to like to move and leak when I first start up the truck. Motor is way strong and never got over 235 degrees during an 85 degree temp outside. Is this a carb problem, if so is there a replacement for it without the mid speed adjustment. I have sealed the carb to keep out any air possibly leaking there. Any other suggestions?

This seems to be a common problem lately with the axials. FXstrongside seems to be having the same issue. Although it didn't help him, check all the o-rings. Savageman46 and I were breaking in his new axial with the samw symptoms and we had to replace the hsn o-ring. While we were in there we put green slime on all the other o-rings. Instead of sealing the mid-needle(which is an option) he scored the threads of the mid-needle so it would not walk. Good luck James.

Thanks Allan, I have some green slime so I think I will put some on my o-rings. Probably going to seal the back plate as well if I have it off. What did Savageman46 use to score the threads and how did he put it back in with it scored. I had some lock tite on the mid-speed but it must have worn off.

I honestly don't remember what he used, I am sure he will chime in sometime today.

When we took his HSN apart, the o-ring was not round, it was a conical shape and difficult to get out of the plastic housing. After the o-ring rebuild the engine ran great.

I know HPI fixes the mid issue with a center punch. They just strike a center thread and put it in.

I think Axial needs to redesign their carb and use some good orings. 99.9% of Axial problems originate from the carb. I say call axial and ask if they will replace the carb. That is what I'm going to do.

Yeah I think I will try to contact them on it. This is the second carb. since the first one the mid speed blew out while I was running it. I figured my threads were stripped so I replaced the entire thing. I like the motor, but the whole carb thing is getting pretty old.

They have already emailed me back. All I need to do is send them my carb and sales receipt to them and I guess they will send me a new one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back