Your savage weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE PIPER

TIME TO PAY THE PIPER
Crash had a good post yesterday in regards to a savage weight. So what does your savage weigh? Do you race or bash with that weight? when is it good to put your savage on a diet before things start to break? I'll start, I'm a basher and the weight is 14.5 pounds with a goal of 10.5 to 11 pounds. I just found a league in London Ontario and want to check it out. What is a good weight for racing? Cheers!!:beer:

Mine weighs 12.2 lbs, it's a basher.

That = 0.24 HP/Lb at the factory rated 2.9 HP

A NASCAR stock car weighs 3800 Lbs and produces 800 HP.

That = 0.21 HP/Lb..............No wonder I can't drive this thing!!!!

excellent comparison moto. I was try'n to figuire the power to weight of real monster trucks compared to our monster trucks. Didn'nt know the weight of monster truck's or the horse power.

My savy is 10 pound's
my biggest weight saving's on this truck are Nubzs wheels/tires

other than that mostly stock plastic parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't worry about the weight if you are just startign to race just get a bigger engine if ur track doesnt require certain size engines

i ran and won my savage with aluminum wheels and arms for my first season and placed first or second every points race to get a first place win at the end of the series

its all about the driving, weight may help but in a standard monster truck class (no truggy) i wouldnt worry about it, just lower ur suspension and regear for the track

setup is way more important than weight, as long as you don't have a weak engine you will be fine and be able to keep up with the rest. scope out ur track see what people are running then get better and you wont have a problem seeing as if you can drive ha

Mine is 16 pounds of beast, anybody wanna beat that?

The 40lbs. LST does not count since its an LST

Well the savy is right at 13lbs running the mach 1 @2.75 hp so thats about .21hp/lb and the ofna buggy has been slimming down since Ive had it and it only weighs around 9.8 and not sure how much hp the axial is kicking. Anyone know the claimed hp on a Axial .28 Spec 1S 8-Port. the savy is for bashing and I'm going to try to race the buggy this year.

Found this. It's what they found on the xdyno so it's not claimed.

Company Engine HP Peak TQ Peak Part # Price

Axial Racing .28 Spec I S 1.43 @ 22,800 rpm 75.61 oz-in @ 18,000 rpm 35,000 rpm AX001 $160

Edit: I did some searching and can't find a claimed hp anywhere for Axial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I weight my savage it was 8.5 pounds. That is with Maximizer Beadlocks and Pro-Line molded foams. So with a lighter rim/tire it would be around 7.5-8.0 pounds.

yea v spec is a good engine ran a couple of them, i just love them italian engines though my prospec with ws7II screams, i wanna try out the ws7III now

Latest posts

Members online

Back