Your PVC projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I have thought making the Savage stand was pretty cool, but I have been finding a lot of cool little projects you can make out of PVC:

I ran out of space to store my cars, so I made this little vertical parking lot. There will be another level, I just ran out of PVC :)

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

It makes a great tool to make a base for a work stand

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

And of course, the traditional Savage work station:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

(NOTE: The TQ2 in the back is for my girlfriend's daughter's 1/16 E-Revo - LJ :) )

I've seen some really cool ideas in the past, just wanted to see what anyone else has done??? I remember there was one with an integrated shock stand, etc...

Eventually I will paint these with undercoating or something to make them look better, but for now they work just fine!

Comments welcome :)

Bob

Man the vertical parking lot is sweet idea Bob thanks for sharing!! rep ya for that one bud!! :rock1:

Nice idea. I like the cup cake pan idea for a parts tray to. I plan on making a big wall unit in my room to hold my trucks I'm tired of breaking toes on them. All over the kitchen floor when prepping for a day of running just gets to be to much lol

I see pvc all day.. i don't even wanna get into a project with the stuff.. I made a potato gun though! lol

Nice idea. I like the cup cake pan idea for a parts tray to. I plan on making a big wall unit in my room to hold my trucks I'm tired of breaking toes on them. All over the kitchen floor when prepping for a day of running just gets to be to much lol

Thanks! I need to pick up more pipe and fittings, and the idea is to mount the pan in the bottom of the work stand so its easy to get to, etc.

Bob

Ok, I got tired of trying to cut the pieces for common projects, so I made one of these:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

In essence, it is 3/4" metal conduit. It has holes drilled in it that a pin will fit through, and from that point forward, you know the length. So if I need a 8" section, I put the pin in the one marked "8", put the pipe in the other, and cut it at the top of the pipe - works perfectly :) I was able to make a Savage stand last night in under 5 mins :). Since I need to make a few for a few buddies of mine, this worked out alright :)

So if anyone needs a stand, let me know :)

Bob

I do use a hacksaw for now - blew the blade on my band saw unfortunately. Need a new blade, but to be honest, the saw is fine - 3-4 strokes and its through. If i use the saw, there is also no waste since all the cuts can be from the long end of the pipe - if i use the band saw it is a pain in the ***, since i have a 9" band saw, and some of the pipes are longer than 9"... Besides, i am so used to using the hacksaw, its second nature :)

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Back