yet, another hpi nitro mt project started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

i don't know what it about these trucks, i just love them, this is my 6th time building one, heres some pics so far, it has a gpm alum. front shock on the front and back, with super nitro rs4 shocks front and rear, it has all the usual aluminum goodies and carbon fiber upper deck, mip cvds, lunsford hinge pins and turnbuckles, a new hpi 15.ss engine, with a old school mip stinger pipe, (i love the sound of the pipe) hpi hardened gears and i do have a 2 speed but it needs rebuilding and I'm wantaing on a rebuild kit
this truck will be street only and I'm sure it will be as fast as youll want it to be, I'm going to get a hpi 18ss engine for it when i find one on ebay, there discontined and i don't want the one that replaced it
i polished a ton of stuff on this truck, drivecups, dog bones, screws, washers, nuts, axles, and the mip pipe
anyways, ill post pics as i get them

Sweet! My friend has a couple of them too. One is an original MT and than an MT2. He really likes his.

thanks, its almost done, i work on it every few nights, I'm working more on a lightning stadium pro and a savage rebuild
i have an original nitromt, stock, no mods, its about 10 yrs old
in fact, all my nitromts are older, i still like em tho

Polish.Polish,Polish, i love to polish!

i just finished polishing the flywheel for my nitro mt street project
looks good if i must say so myself

That looks really nice. I need to do some practicing with polishing. I got one of my old popes to look really nice. well I thought it was nice till I saw this..... lol

thanks, it really isnt hard, you just need to use the right stuff
got to harbor frieght, lowes, home depot etc..
get some of the polish that comes in tubes, get black and green and a two polishing wheels, one that is fluffy (loose buff) and one that has alot of threads in it and is stiff, use the black compound first with the stiff wheel, and then the green with the fluffy wheel, that will get you started, there are more colors but you don't really need them, don't push the part on the wheel, kinda just hold it there with slight pressure, clean the part afterwards with DA and then buff with a microfiber towel or something really soft, you can use a little mothers polish at the end if you want

if you can afford it, get a bench buffer, it looks like a benchtop grinder, it is geared for polishing, thats when my stuff really started looking nice, i bought mine from harbor frieght for $39.00

heres some more pics, its almost done, i think I'm gonna put the 2speed in it now, i don't want to use it because there hard to get
cant wait to rip up the lots, this one should be more controllable than the street nitro mt i built with the big block conversion, that thing was crazy!

Latest posts

Members online

Back