Xtream Racings Carbon Fiber Savage TVP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

Xtream Racing's Carbon Fiber Savage X TVP's
TEMP PIC
DSC_0226.jpg

Site URL: http://www.xtremercracing.com/Savage_Carbon_Fiber_Parts.cfm
Part # :
Retail Price: $99.99
Kit includes:Two side plates

Quality - 10
Price - 9.0
Installation-9.98
Functionality-10
Overall - 10.00

I received this set of Tvp's to test and review for the forum.

Upon opening the package I found the plates to be ascetically pleasing, cleanly cut, and free of any burrs or defects that would turn a hobbyist off to the product. So I quickly got down to work.

I started by placing the TVP over a set of stock TVPs I had laying around. I found that all the hole locations appeared to be spot on the money. Test one passed....

I then flexed the TVP by hand to see the rigidity that they brought to the table. They did flex more so than any other tvp I have handled in the past. Good or bad is yet to be seen. In a race setting this may be a good attribute as it could aid in finding traction.

Next I grabbed the stockist savage I own. I wanted to base this product off the stock savage and not one of my modified rigs. This Savage had FLM ext plates but other than that was untouched.

Installation was straight forward and uneventful. One screw did not line up with the radio box but with a slight flex of the box it went in. - .02 points

I found that after installed they are ridged and should be a fine TVP.

After inspecting my F 4.6 I found it to have bad clutch bearings. I opted to install my LRP .28 with a dynamite 086 pipe. Other than this the truck is stock.

I took it outside and ran the setup for a tank. the truck is light and quick.

DSC_0152-2-1.jpg

Conclusion:

My personal opinion is:

This is a cleanly cut and polished set of Carbon stock plates these are a upgrade over stock in weight and so far over all strenth. If you wish to not upgrade further then the plates these will do the trick!

Due to weather I have only got a chance to run 4 tanks ATM. More testing is coming! I will take them to to the RC track for some laps and pics also to the BMX track to let them have it and test durability. Check for updates!!!

DSC_0148-1.jpg

Updates:

Update June/24/ 09: I should be taking this set to bash this Saturday at the BMX track.

I briefly spoke to the owner of this company today. Very professional, even though I was not. Just the guy you want behind the business! He took the time to talk with me. My over all opinion of him was A++ quality man behind the machine!

Anyways, I asked him how much he thought his product could take and told him how I was not afraid to let them have it. All he said was this, "If you can break them I want to see it." He didn't say this in a cocky manner, as if his stuff was the best in the world. Just as a guy that's a true parts maker for our bashers. He stood behind his product and wants to see all I can do with them. Also wants you to see too. I'll do my best to test them to the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice review bank. hit on a lot of good points.

lookin forward to see it go in person.

sounds nice so far keep up the good work.. let us know what it took to break um :) lol maybe a nice big picture of the tvp;s sitting all alone on the top of the thread so ppl can see exactly the shape and quality of them? just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
great review!! cant wait to hear your final thoughts on these T.V.P'S.....

can you bring this truck & your PRC truck saturday? ive got both batteries for the vid camera charged & an empty HDD.

can you bring this truck & your PRC truck saturday? ive got both batteries for the vid camera charged & an empty HDD.

as planned... both are 100% today. I predict Sunday will be a long day :cwm27:

NICE REVEIW DUDE......think i am gonna pick up a set after this scar on my wallet butt check makes a scab!!! LMAO!

forgot...make sure u post a vid if u can....wanna see her being punished!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back