Xs flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAN

Just recieved my flux xs here in Afghanistan. Took a month lol. Well got it out installed my 3s LiPo set up the speed controller ran it around for a min and got on it a few time then it rolled to a stop. The steering and everything works but no movement forward or reverse. The speed controller light goes to green when I give it throttle. I unplugged my pack and tried another pack but no go. 1 thing I noticed when I plug my pack in it doesnt beep or anything like it did before. I don't smell anything burnt. Any ideas? If it is my motor that cooked is there any warrentee? This was my first run out of the box! Please help.

i don't know alot about the flux but i can answer one question for you, HPI really stands behind there products and i have heard of others frying there ESC and stuff and hpi replacing it free of charge with no questions asked so likely no worries there... the main reason I'm posting is to welcome you to the forum and say my hat goes off to you and your fellow soldiers i cant imagine what the world would be like without people like you willing to put there life on the line in the name of freedom........:beer:

thanks alot. I was in the Marines and now I'm a private contract worker. I email HPI and I haven't recieved anything back from them.

welcome vman. i have no experiance with the flux but the one electric product i do have wont arm the esc unless the throttle trim is centered. might want to check that on your controller

check your end points for throthle and check and make sure the esc is still plugged in to the receiver

i checked all the connections and everything is pluged in. The esc light changes from flashing green to solid green when i pull the throttle. so i believe its getting the signal. I will check for power at the motor tomorrow when i get to the shop. anyother ideas?

yup still plugged in. Has anyone had this problem? I was looking through the site and didnt see any.

Try all of the above suggestions, but I think you may want to prepare to spend some money...

I've been seeing a TON of complaints on other forums about the Vapor ESC frying on 3S. Apparently, there's a small warning in the manual somewhere, that 3S is only supposed to be used for occasional high-speed runs on pavement, and not for consistent off-road use.

A few people have had two or even three ESCs blow up already. The consensus is to just scrap the Vapor, replace it with a Mamba Pro. While you're at it, upgrade your servo. The stock one is about half the power that kit should have.

I'll be honest, I REALLY wanted an XS when they started showing pics. When I found out they didn't use an actual TVP chassis, I got less enthusiastic. After seeing their electronics problems, I've decided I'm just not going to bother with them.

Vmann, before you put it on Craigslist, check with lj to see if you can post it in the 4-sale thread. I'm lookin to get an xs in a few months and if the price is right, I might take it off your hands.

Vmann, before you put it on Craigslist, check with lj to see if you can post it in the 4-sale thread. I'm lookin to get an xs in a few months and if the price is right, I might take it off your hands.

if he asks to list it i would probally buy it lol

ok wanna play that way then i only got 2 the 3rd belongs to the shelf lol

I can play that came too. Both of mine have been pretty much sittin on the shelf for the past 5-6 months. So there. LOL!!!!

Ok, no more thread jacking. Back on topic.

Hi i wouldnt sell it.There are a few known problems with the xs out of the box but once sorted it should be a great little truck.i have got one but haven't ran it yet as its a christmas present to myself.As said above the servo is cack and needs replacing.the Turnbuckles keep popping off but easily fixed with Traxxas(sorry for swearing lol)ones.If my esc smokes i will just get a Hobbywing sc8 esc for it.£45 delivered(i am in the UK)and can safely run 4s.

Latest posts

Members online

Back