XS Flux Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAN

Anyone know the wiring of the motor on the xs flux. Its marked abc. My esc isnt sending any power out so I was also going to check the motor just to make sure its good to go.

Usually the wires coming of the motor go into the esc that same order. Hard to explain but here

PIC_0470.jpg

Make sure all the connections are tight, make sure the esc is plugged into the rx properly. Hope this helps.

It really doesn't matter which way the wires go on the motor or the ESC as long as it isn't a sensored setup and on the Savage XS it isn't. A sensored setup has to go A>A, B>B and C>C. Non sensored setups can go in any order. For example A>B, B>C and C>A will work just fine. What might happen though is that motor might run backwards to the throttle inputs. If that happens just swap any two wires around and leave the third one alone. Simple as that.

As long as the three wires are connected you should have power to your motor. There is a fair chance that you Vapor ESC has died on ya. Not uncommon at all. There is a lot of it going around on the net. Does it make the chiming sound on start up at all or not?

No it doesnt make a achiming sound at all anymore. What really sucks is HPI wants me to send my ESC to them so they can repair it. The mail here in Afghanistan takes 30 days so I'm looking at over 2 months to get my truck back going that I just spent over 400 to get here.

so i should be able to take any 2 wires and run them direct to my battery to make sure my motor isnt damaged?

No man. Don't do that. You might actually damage the motor that way. You could end up frying the windings inside the motor. Don't recommend doing that.

The best thing to do is to upgrade the motor and the ESC. In all honesty HPI cheapened out on the electrics on the Savage XS. They got Castle to make an inferior motor from lower quality magnets and sub par lamination. Then they went with a ESC that struggles in much lighter cars than the Savage XS. The Vapor ESC is only a Sidewinder ESC with a fan on it. Best thing to do for long term reliability is to ditch both and fit something much better. I would recommend the getting the MMP ESC and the 1410 3800kv motor with a 3.2mm shaft. You can get the one with 5mm shaft but then you will have to change the pinion. Anyway this system would be far superior to what comes in the standard XS. The ESC has a lot more headroom in terms of current handling and the motor is more efficient and will be more powerful. I know it will cost a lot of money but maybe you can sell the stock system on ebay once you get it back from HPI. It's the way I would go about it.

well man that really sucks. I researched and was hoping that the XS would be better out of the box then the revo mini but so far it has been a pos and I'm very disappointed. If they send me an ESC and it messes up again I will fix it and it will go on Craigslist. Just sucks to be stationed here and not able to drive to the hobby shop and return the whole thing. What would be the best way to test the motor? Or should I send the motor and ESC so they can test them both?

I would just send them both back if I were you. I know it sucks but it's precisely the reason why I don't jump onto new trucks when they hit the market. Sometimes they have proven electrics and drivetrains but when they are all new I prefer to sit back a little, wait and see how other people go with it. Then I can make my decision if I want to own one. The way it sits now the motor, ESC and the servo are all pretty crappy in this truck. Good news is that so far there hasn't been many destroyed diffs or transmissions so I think I might still own this truck although I will be looking for a roller on ebay and stick my own electrics in it.

I hope it gets sorted and HPI look after you. Good luck with it.

yeah all the Marines here are all die hard traxxus and I was going to step out and get the XS so you can guess whats going on now lol. I'm not looking so good.

Maybe you could just get a cheap Hobbywing ESC to get you by while the stock one is being fixed by HPI. There are some decent and reasonably cheap ESCs out there but you might have to do a little soldering to get everything to work. Something like the Hobbywing sc10 should do the job just fine. CLICK HERE.

I still don't like the standard motor neither but the Hobbywing SC10 should be able to handle it.

One thing you can try is open up the esc cut the switch wire off solder the - & + together. What this is doing is jumping the on/off switch if it's broke. Which is really common. Once you plug the battery in the esc will turn on, once you unplug the battery the esc will turn off.
If the esc is made from castle then your warranty will not be voided.

i have read on other spots and on youtube of peoples esc's burning out on first run with the xs so i would send it to hpi and get it taken care of

i have had mine for one week now, the only problems i have had were the #### ### crappy servo HPI puts into it and the lame ### front turnbuckel popping off problem.No esc problems,plus there is a 2 year on all the electronics,Confirmed that with HPI except the crappy servo(go figure) added new Sf5 mg servo traxxas revo turnbuckels. I have to say this thing can take a beating,fun to play with.

and for some reason ,i added lights to the front ,i added a switch to turn them off and hooked it up to the 3rd chanl. Here is the crazzy thing..when i plug the battery in the truck will not turn on,but if i turn on the light switch on the esc comes ,along with the lights....So now i have a on/off switch..The question is WHY? i want the lights to turn on when i want them on..any help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back