XS Flux drivetrain durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vettehigh

What's the overall drivetrain durability of the XS Flux Raptor? Are there hardened gears available and if the truck is not beat on, what's the longevity of the drivetrain etc...I have not read much about it and can't find any input

Last edited:
Mine's been really reliable as far as broken parts go. I did strip a ring gear in one of the diffs but I think that's because I didn't shim it correctly. As is already mentioned dozens of times in this forum, the weak point is the slipper clutch. If you can find them you better buy as many as your conscience will allow because you'll be replacing them pretty frequently.

Mine's been really reliable as far as broken parts go. I did strip a ring gear in one of the diffs but I think that's because I didn't shim it correctly. As is already mentioned dozens of times in this forum, the weak point is the slipper clutch. If you can find them you better buy as many as your conscience will allow because you'll be replacing them pretty frequently.

Thanks for the input. My RC mechanic did some trick with extra parts for the slipper. Told me I should not have any issues. As for what he did, I do not remember. He's been doing this for 30+ years, so I think he knows a few things:D

Thanks for the input. My RC mechanic did some trick with extra parts for the slipper. Told me I should not have any issues. As for what he did, I do not remember. He's been doing this for 30+ years, so I think he knows a few things:D

RC Mechanic????? WOWZERS I been doing my own work on everything I own for 30 plus years....

RC Mechanic????? WOWZERS I been doing my own work on everything I own for 30 plus years....
Had wrist surgery a couple months ago and still issues, that's why + my guy is damn good and cheap:D

Depending on bash style you will most likely pop bloody dogbones out, CVDs are next step on reliability. I have killed 1 slipper clutch after it got soaked in water, keep at least 2 spare

Otherwise there fairly tuff rigs

Depending on bash style you will most likely pop bloody dogbones out, CVDs are next step on reliability. I have killed 1 slipper clutch after it got soaked in water, keep at least 2 spare

Otherwise there fairly tuff rigs

Saw a guy on eBay selling slipper clutches for around $50 a pop. What a rip-off.

Latest posts

Members online

Back