XL to FLM Midtank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M0rphin3

Hey guys, this is something i started on before the end of summer but just now, within the last 4 hours, have i actually unpacked all the items and started assembly.. lol.. this is where it is now

Started with a stock Savage XL, for obvious reasons I'm doing the midtank, and I'm a total fan of FLM TVP's so that was the base of the build. Now this 5.9 is a gas hog so i decided to go with the OFNA 250cc tank and the PRC tank plate.... (good stuff Larsen !!) Ive never been a big fan of components being outside the tvps but i switched it up and went with the RPM box for the RX, but i did fab up a quick bracket to mount the hump under the tank plate, ive done this on the other 2 midtanks ive done on my other trucks, has worked flawlessly so far. The front and rear differentials have been shimmed/filled/assembled into the bulks, just need to slide them in, but before that I'm going to work on the clearance for the motor mount against the tvp, the top of the bolts do not clear and running 52/13 gearing i need the room. Also the linkages for the throttle servo need fitted and mounted once the motor is in. Other then that its basically going to stay stock for now untill i start breaking things, more then likely new shocks will be in the works, maybe flux big bores if i can get a good deal on them... anyways enough of the bs and here are the pics... any comments suggestions welcome :)

GEDC0001.JPG

GEDC0002.JPG

GEDC0003.JPG

GEDC0004.JPG

GEDC0005.JPG

GEDC0006.JPG

GEDC0008.JPG

GEDC0009.JPG

GEDC0011.JPG

GEDC0013.JPG

very nice morp.. flip that rpm box lid over.. if water goes in its gonna stay in there.. i like the location of your hump rockout

ya thats part of my noobness and trying to get things done, i drilled the hole for the antenna mount and wasn't paying attention lol.. thats why its upside down.. so either way theres going to be a open hole lol.. :(

ya thats part of my noobness and trying to get things done, i drilled the hole for the antenna mount and wasn't paying attention lol.. thats why its upside down.. so either way theres going to be a open hole lol.. :(

whatever was it sits.. trucks gonna look sweet! :rock1:

Nice start Morphin! Thanks for the pics rockout

Glad you guys mentioned the RPM box, I really wasn't sure which way it goes. Good to know

Thanks guys, ive mounted the hump like that on my other 2 trucks like i stated, just some left over angle aluminum i had layin around, i thought maybe it would be a close call with the servo horn, should of went with a shorter one but it clears for now, or atleast till something gets tweaked and catches it, till will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Back