XL TO 5T Chassis swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigjo22

Hi iv got an XL 5.9 and want to swap the chassis for 5t just to make it up to 1/5
I know i can buy 65mm extended chassis but want to go further and the 5t would be great and I'm going to fit a single LRP zr .32 swap the body and overhaul the entire truck is this possible

Many thanks

20220518_193302.jpg

If it envolves fabrication of parts it could be too much for me I would source and swap any amount of parts but have no ability to make or modify parts

If it envolves fabrication of parts it could be too much for me I would source and swap any amount of parts but have no ability to make or modify parts
Why be intimidated, a hacksaw, tubing cutter, a cheap sanding belt and disc sander from harbor freight tools, dremel and a few common hand tools you too can fabricate with the best of them, I obtained a wrecked and abused ClodBuster and between my son and I created what I call WILDFIRE, I have others, but this truck is special to me because it is hand built and my son and I both shared in its design and building, about the only thing on the rig is the gearcases and axles... we built our own ladder bars and steering links out of knitting needles cut to size and threaded rod with jam nuts to hold them tight, took us about a year or so from talking about it to the rig itself... it is currently running dual 120 amp ESC's and 5200 kv brushless motors all slaved to the #2 channel, and yes it has 4 wheel steering also... recently I changed the steering setup and removed the plate system it had with a servo on axle setup, I do like it much better this way.. guess what I am saying is you can do whatever you want with basic tools and skills

Attachments

• WildFire1.jpg
    WildFire1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 6
  • WildFire 12.jpg
    WildFire 12.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 6
  • WildFire 9.jpg
    WildFire 9.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 7
  • WildFire 7.jpg
    WildFire 7.jpg