XL Tires and Rims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep71

Do the Savage XL and the Savage X 4.6 have the same size tires?

I would go with the Terra Pins with some stiffer foams inside, but even then you will have tire rollover causing it to handle a bit loosely....., I like the 3.8 wheels and a shorter sidewall on my rigs so they handle a bit better...

I offered some terra pins to a guy......but they are gone now. Lol

These

Attachments

• 15188013095662056634465.jpg
    15188013095662056634465.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 9
Hopefully the foams are better in those vs the 2.8 hatchet tires/wheels I bought for my jato. The foams went completely flat in about 3 bash sessions.

I can only hope they last that long.

I can only hope they last that long.
I left the fronts alone, even though they are flat, they still seem to be in one piece and aren't too out of balance, but the rear foams separated and were so unbalanced it hopped. I deglued/cut the glue on one side of the tire, tore out the old foams, cut up some old t-maxx 3.2 foams I had and put them in. Now the rears are fine. The tire tread itself is holding up well to a lot of skate park bashing, even though it's a relatively soft compound. Hooks up pretty well too in the grass.

I first tried a set of traxxas 2.8 chevrons on the rear that I used on my stampede. Wow, were those things useless on a 2wd rig. Just loss of grip everywhere. Didn't notice it as much on my stampede since it was 4wd. Explains why that thing became so wheelie happy when I put on 2.8" trenchers. lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back