XL Savage lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagexl

Hello I'm new to the forum .I was wondering is there anyone out there that makes LED lights for the front of the savage .I'm lookin to make the lights on the front bumber real ant one were i can find them i looked on the Ram light site and was not really helpful . thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum savagexl.
I have no idea about lights for your truck, but I bet someone on here has. Just be patient and you'll get your answer soon.

welcome and sorry i don't know who makes a light kit but I'm sure someone on here with help you out.

I don't know anyone but if i were to do it. I'd find some LED's and drill holes into the lights and wire them up.. via 3rd channel or jus tthe truck on/off switch

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have ya here are looking forward to seeing more of ya.

I have seen LED light kits on ebay before and have seen someone who makes them but can't remember who/where it was. I have made a light kit for the front end before like Judicator talks about. Worked great for a while, I just had the incorrect resistor in it so they didnt last for ever.

With a little effort you can make yourself. Why settle for a couple of LEDs on the front, I have 18 :jamout:

n585745495_1473856_5686.jpg

n585745495_1473857_6059.jpg

n585745495_1473858_6403.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dukk are those the heads from two small flashlights?
It looks great

and i seem to have a bunch of those flash lights in my toolbox guess i got a good use for em if you could tell me how to set that up

Yeah I cut the heads of two small flashlights, soldered wire leads onto the back of the circuit boards and then filled the back of the heads with epoxy so it all stays put.
You can see in the one pic the 4AA holder tie strapped to the front shock tower - it's for the lights as well as the switch on top of the radio box. I left the battery connector in the circuit so I can recharge the AAs easily without removing them.

For mounting, I took a bolt, ground the head flat on each side so it looked like a T and drilled a hole in the middle of the bumper between the stock 'foglight' holes for mounting. The T is CAd into the cavity between the two heads. I had to grind a little of the back of the bumper bars to get the heads so snug in a little better.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of flashlights did you use? Do you have any pictures of how you mounted them?

Latest posts

Back