XL and Flux same drive train?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekpike

So I'm looking at the XL drive train and the Flux drive train. I think they're the same, but can't get any confirmation. I looked at the manual and the flux diff is part number 102246 and the XL is 102692. When I google the flux part number (102246) it gives me the results of the 102692 (XL) and says bulletproof in the description. Dogbones are similar. The XL ones come up as Super Heavy Duty on Ebay.

So long story short I'm pretty sure they're the same, but just want to verify.

Pretty sure they are exactly the same parts....
Thanks. I tried to do my due diligence as you can see, but was only about 85% sure. Probably get an XL next since I don't have to touch the drive train.

A guy has one for sale for $250 with a blown motor. Has some upgrades (can't remember off the top of my head what they are). I also have it lined up to buy a lrp .30 new in box from a guy for $130 as he's getting out of nitro and going electric. I figured these two would make a great pair.

The diffs are the same. One subs to the other.

upload_2016-9-8_7-45-17.png

The driveshafts/ dogbones are the same too, except for the rear driveshaft. The XL rear driveshaft is longer due to the extended TVPs.

Yeah
The diffs are the same. One subs to the other.

View attachment 2400

The driveshafts/ dogbones are the same too, except for the rear driveshaft. The XL rear driveshaft is longer due to the extended TVPs.
The rear dogbone makes sense. I was more referring to the 4 to the wheels. Thanks for the confirmation.

The XL I was thinking about getting is a convert and not a true XL so it's not bulletproof with super heavy duty dogbones and cups. So I'm on the fence. Will see about holding out for a true XL. Found a beauty on Ebay, but out of my price range.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/272368284890

Latest posts

Members online

Back