XL 5.9 Build from scratch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemzon

Hello, All!
I am currently building a Savage XL 5.9. Damn-near 85% complete. Been using "exploded view" and Google, searching the internet for parts and long nights in the forums. I've plenty of obstacles, due to lack of parts. But, usually I end up reading some sort of solution in a thread on this site. However, I am currently at a stand-still. The Center Rear Drive Shaft. 1. I can not find 8x142(hpi#86054) dogbones. Anywhere. 2. I can't seem to find any acceptable alternatives. I live in the US(SC) my no decent LHS. Looking for a little help from You beloved Savage junkies.

Thank you for any assistance and information.
(My very first forum post. Ever)

@Clemzon

I WOULD ORDER IT FROM WHEEL SPIN AND WAIT FOR IT TO SHIP FROM U.K. ( POSSIBLY A MONTH OR SO ) BEFORE ORDERING FROM ACTIVE POWER SPORTS AS THEY ARE THE ONLY 2 SHOWING IN STOCK ON LINE AND A.P.S. LIES.

EDIT : ANYTHING ORDERED FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S. WILL SIT IN CUSTOMS FOR A WEEK OR TWO AFTER IT ARRIVES HERE.

Last edited:
Bet it would take a lot less time than 4 weeks to arrive with you

Yes living in the UK & I use wheel spin models so can confirm if they say they have it in stock then order from them absolutely 1st class company to deal with! ??

@Clemzon

I WOULD ORDER IT FROM WHEEL SPIN AND WAIT FOR IT TO SHIP FROM U.K. ( POSSIBLY A MONTH OR SO ) BEFORE ORDERING FROM ACTIVE POWER SPORTS AS THEY ARE THE ONLY 2 SHOWING IN STOCK ON LINE AND A.P.S. LIES.

I've ordered a couple of them(Flux build next). I bought something from A.P.S. and immediately cancelled it.

As you guys would know better then me across the pound, so are Active Power Sports not worth dealing with as they are the only people it appears showing stock of the Savage sway bar set I would love to fit to my savage now I have the updated bulk heads fitted?

As you guys would know better then me across the pound, so are Active Power Sports not worth dealing with as they are the only people it appears showing stock of the Savage sway bar set I would love to fit to my savage now I have the updated bulk heads fitted?

You can try. The 2 parts I inquired about, they did not have in. Nor did they know when it'd be in stock.

Well they haven’t replied to email asking if they are shipping outside the USA yet! ??

Latest posts

Members online

Back