X to xl 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raptor720

I'm planning to buy a used savage x and convert it to the new xl 2.0. On big squid rc http://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-updated-savages-being-shown-by-HPI/
it says that they used the same tvps for the savage octane (i don't know if they updated the savage octane tvps) the reciever box looks different and it seems that the 5.9 has the same gas tank as the original one. I think they changed the "transmission case" thing to the standard octane "center gear box". I can see a bit other changes but my real question is,
Should I go for this conversion?
Do you think its worth the money?
I would go for the flm but ive only heard about mid tank mods on their extended lcg chassis which is shorter than a standard xl. I want a true size mid tank xl that is cost effective, especially since i live in canada where the Economy isnt that great at the moment.
Edit:forgot to put in,Just in case, I know the xl2.0 hasn't been released and I can wait

Cost wise, IMO, I would do some research on XL mid tank mods and just pick up XL TVPs with the rear dogbone on eBay.

If you want a "true" XL, you'd have to get the super HD axles, bulletproof diffs, XL stub axles and whatever else I can't think of right off.

Make sure you post up a build thread so we can follow your progress. :snaphappy:

Thanks for the reply. Ill probably just wait until the xl 5.9 has been released and buy stock parts for it or i can maybe buy some octane tvps (if the 2.0 uses the same one) and some other parts before the 2.0 releases. The engine plate for the octane v1 looks similar to the engine plate of a nitro engine and I'm not sure if the center gear box holds the same gears as a V1 xl/x transmission. I guess well just have to wait and see until they release the 5.9 2.0. By that time i probably would buy the lrp 28 spec 3 ive been watching so i have a good engine for the xl. If not id just buy a normal xl tvp then drill holes for the mid tank mod (probably flm plates/servo mounts because they are on ebay, unlike innovative rc.) and get the extended axle things for the xl or i might just jump to the extended arms flm makes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back