Would JP-8 work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noakes75

I'm sure I'm completely wrong here, but does anyone know if you can use JP-8 (jet fuel) in place of traditional fuel? I'm not sure if it would work or not and I'm kinda not in the mood to have to buy a new engine b/c of my trial and errors.
Any help would be appreciated!

huh, alright well thanks for the info man. Yea JP-8 is like diesel it's just got some extra crap added in it. you can use it for like a diesel VW or something. I was just wondering

nothi8ng like working on an f15 with jp8 leaking all over you... so much for that uniform lol

Or taking on 1.2 million gallons of JP-5 & the connections start spraying like a sprinkler in the summer time!

060717-N-9898L-062.jpg

oh nice. I do love the smell of it though. pretty sure I could stand behind a turbine engine while it's running the rest of my life... with appropriate ventilation of course. Just love the smell of it burning

i have nightmares about jp8.... nothi8ng like working on an f15 with jp8 leaking all over you... so much for that uniform lol

oh nice. I do love the smell of it though. pretty sure I could stand behind a turbine engine while it's running the rest of my life... with appropriate ventilation of course. Just love the smell of it burning

I can agree with both of you except standing behind a CF6-50 turbine engine, I had to keep the taxiway clear behind the KC-10 we were running. Due to problems I was sucking in exhaust from three engines for a couple hours. Not only did my lungs hurt and my eyes burn, but I smelled like burning jetfuel for days! Atleast I smelled it. I'll tell you about the fun I had with fuel leaks when I see you in Houston Sunk.

Latest posts

Members online

Back