WOT - How long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

How long can you run at full throttle safely? I ask because we followed my Savage down down some old roads by my house in my Jeep. I only ran it full throttle for maybe a minute at a time and then backed off. I know these get raced, but even when racing you are still braking and accelerating. As long as I am running it on the rich I should be okay, right?

Yes I would think so as long as you have good smoke and its moving fast(duh) getting good air flow to keep cool.If I had a place to do that I would run it at wot till the tank went dry!
Dave

take the shell off then it will get more cool air to the engine. it should be fine as long as it is tuned correct.
4x4

We did this once. We probably ran it for about 5 minutes WOT but I really didn't care about the engine. You have to be careful though when the truck runs out of fuel that you don't run it over.

MTBiker I know what you mean, we had to hit the brakes hard because I rolled it almost right in front of us.

ya as long as its tuned right and isnt overheating it should be ok but will probabally decrease your engines life span i would think, as apposed to "bleeping" the throttle!! if you have ever watched the full scale monster trucks run you would have heard there always on and off the throttle this is alot easier on parts!! just my 02 cents which i may be wrong!! lol

Your engine actually has a safety feature to let you know when it's too hot...

It blows up.

Articles that I have read explaind that the truck and car motors shouldnt be run at WOT for long periods of time because the fuel make up has more oil than say a plane motor. Plane motors use different fuel make ups for WOT running. WOT running on truck and car motors will just distroy your motors. the oil will get hotter as the temps rise and insulate the heat inside this is bad.... so just think about that the nest time your WOTing down the roads.
I personnally have done this in a 100 yard oval track the straight aways were 100 yards long and after say 18 laps a few times a week the motor is now setting on my desk at work as a paper weight....I did check my temps from time to time but I remember on point it was 260 then POOF 350 and the motor never ran the same after that.

i say as long as you are having fun and your tuned righ and know all the things that could go wronag then have at it. Also be ready if the worst dose happen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back