Won't keep running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKSavage

I have a savage 4.6 and it takes me around an hour or so to get running. I can never run a tank. Every time I go to run it, there is a massive re tuning involved. Sometimes it will start and run then die and I can't get it running again. I have never been able to get a full tank through. Very frustrated any help would be great.

Could be several things causing your problem, bad glow plug, mistuned mixtures,idle gap not correctly set,or an air leak are the most common... read up on the threads about tuning and mixture settings and also the threads on sealing an engine.....

use the search function to locate the threads as it is very late and I am too tired to make links :D let us know what you find out and post your results, also a short vid may help diagnose your troubles....

Could be several things causing your problem, bad glow plug, mistuned mixtures,idle gap not correctly set,or an air leak are the most common... read up on the threads about tuning and mixture settings and also the threads on sealing an engine.....

use the search function to locate the threads as it is very late and I am too tired to make links :D let us know what you find out and post your results, also a short vid may help diagnose your troubles....

It's a new plug new igniter I have read lots and lots of stuff. It doesn't make sense why it would run then when it dies why it would be almost a full turn out of tune. Most the time it won't even start even from factory settings. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I'll be dammed if I can think of what it is. Thanks for the reply.

He means the thing in the engine, not the igniter.

Are the tuning screws staying where u put them? Mabye they're loose

Sorry I forgot a comma there. New plug, and fresh charged ignighter. The screws are right abs don't seem to be moving. This isn't my first nitro vehicle in not a complete neophyte to the hobbie.

Well I found my problem. After my first tank the starter pin in the engine broke and some of it went through the engine. I thought I got it all out but u guess not Lol. Rebuild time. Thanks everyone for the replys.

Attachments

• 2015-05-13 00.01.37.jpg
    2015-05-13 00.01.37.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2015-05-13 00.00.51.jpg
    2015-05-13 00.00.51.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Members online

Back