Wire Smoke When I Turn On Reciever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

well i was switching my savage from a flux to a nitro again, and i plugged in the servos and the battery plug and turn the switch on and my wires start to heat up and then they start to smoke. the servo wires don't just the wires that go to the switch and the hump pack battery wires as well. does anybody have a suggestions could my Rx be bad? any suggestions would be good was hoping to drive it tomorrow. thanks

shark

I'm not to sure shark.
You may have some wires backwards like - going into +
I know if you have hitec connectors they can go in both ways in the receiver unlike the JR connectors it has the little tab on it to tell you which way it goes.

well I'm pretty sure i have them in right cause i have tried both ways to plug them in it starts to smoke when the light flashes on the rx it doesn't do that when i plug them in the opposite way. i haven't done anything different it still works great when it was electic the other day.

Sounds like your groundin out the battery pack to me. Example, positive is comin in direct contact with negative. I'd say, if you have an extra switch layin around, try that first. But, which wire leads are gettin hot and smokin? Between the switch and Rx or between the switch and battery? Keep us posted.

Id say its a sign. The savy wants to be brushless. You are supposed to convert nitro to brushless, not brushless to nitro. Who does that? :hardlaugh:

Well the wires between the the receiver and the switch are the ones that smoke after a few seconds and the hump pack wires get hot.

Lol yeah that was part of my project was to make.it so could go back and forth depending on how my mood was I felt like nitro, cause my wife to be would kill me if I had two of them (although we broke about a month ago been a crappy month) but now I my just leave it brushless and get the new savage x I don't know.

Well the wires between the the receiver and the switch are the ones that smoke after a few seconds and the hump pack wires get hot.

Lol yeah that was part of my project was to make.it so could go back and forth depending on how my mood was I felt like nitro, cause my wife to be would kill me if I had two of them (although we broke about a month ago been a crappy month) but now I my just leave it brushless and get the new savage x I don't know.

That sux shark. I'd definitely guess it has to do with the switch. I could be wrong, but that would be my #1 guess.

That sux shark. I'd definitely guess it has to do with the switch. I could be wrong, but that would be my #1 guess.

Yes it does 10 years just poof gone. But any way I will order a new switch and see cheaper to order a switch then a new receiver, but I was playing with a little bit more and I noticed that the throttle and break servo would work in both slots but the steering servo would not and that's when it would get hot but the strange thing is the steering servo works fine when brushless why is it always me that has these problems lol.

well i was playing with it and plugged in my esc and the steering servo and the reciever wouldn't activate so i think its my servo which really sucks cause it was a 130.00 dollar servo i will have to call Hitec tomorrow and see what they say.

the same happened to me ... i installed the battery backwards ..... fried my battery and receiver ....

well i was playing with it and plugged in my esc and the steering servo and the reciever wouldn't activate so i think its my servo which really sucks cause it was a 130.00 dollar servo i will have to call Hitec tomorrow and see what they say.

Didn't even give it a thought about the steering servo til you mentioned it. Yeah, your st servo is shot. Same thing happened to my buddy's gst 7.7, battery got really hot and then we found out his st servo was bad. Batt got hot cuz it was pullin so many amps.

well i found the problem when i was taking it out so i could send it to hitec i found this has to be the problem to wires that some how got stripped the red and the black were touching.

the tape is cause I'm going to use liquid electical tape to fix the problem then i will tape it after it dries hopefully it the fix.

IMAG0047.jpg

well i found the problem when i was taking it out so i could send it to hitec i found this has to be the problem to wires that some how got stripped the red and the black were touching.

the tape is cause I'm going to use liquid electical tape to fix the problem then i will tape it after it dries hopefully it the fix.

IMAG0047.jpg

Yup, there's your problem. Did they pinched somehow? How did they look when you first got it? I'd try contacting Hitec via email and send a pic of the wires and see what they say. You never know, you might catch somebody in a really good mood and get it replaced. Doesn't hurt to try.

Man this is a confusing problem, I had the same thing happen to me but it was because I plugged the battery in backwards, almost instantly the battery plug and switch plug were melted together and I couldnt unplug the thing, I couldnt do anything fast enough so I just watched the battery and wires melt as they caught on fire, that really sucked! 30 some dollars down the drain but I have never heard of a servo going bad like that, idk? Sorry I cant help

Are you running a hump pack and esc? Could be the reason right there.

Latest posts

Members online

Back