Why does my Savage 4.6 want to choke at top speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chito310

I'm a newbie wanted to know why my savage 4.6 wants to choke when am driving at top speed.

sorry we are going to need a bit more information to help you, is it new or used? do you have tuning experience? is the glow plug in good order? as there are many things that affect how it runs you need to help us out a bit here...

sorry we are going to need a bit more information to help you, is it new or used? do you have tuning experience? is the glow plug in good order? as there are many things that affect how it runs you need to help us out a bit here...
Yeah the truck is used i only mess with the high speed needle to where it runs pretty good and my glow plug is pretty good. It only happens when i full throttle it. It does it when I'm taking off and it wants to turn off.

How does it sound? Is it running cleanly until it falls off (HSN too lean) or is it gurgling a lot and not picking up RPM's (HSN too rich)?

Do you have a temp gauge? If so, what are your head temps? If not, get a temp gun. They are an inexpensive tuning aid.

Latest posts

Members online

Back