Who can Help identify this savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadboo

I received my new savage "something" today. This thing is a real gem, brand new, never been started, no scratches and no wear on the gears. I found it on eBay and it was sold as new with no radio....... here is the catch.......... The truck appears to be a savage 25, but the chassis is too long and wheels are too big. The wheels apear to be aftermarket wheels with flames as tread. The chassis is the same length as a savage XL but it's the old style with no X on the chassis. It's about an inch or two longer than the flux hp I'm building. There is a couple of inches between the engine and rear shock towers, unlike the 21, 25, X etc. It's a .25 engine, same as the ss and 25. And it's only a 2 speed gearbox. It's even got the old 4ch AM receiver. I've gone over the specs from all the savages on hpi's site and can't figure out the model. I'm making this up but it looks like a Savage 25 XL. I'm just curious as to what I got. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much. I just looked it up and it looks like that's what I have here. I can't wait to run it

No problem i had a savage 25 back in the day that I did the truckzilla kit on the tires was a dead giveaway for me lol.sweeeeeeeet looking find!

Hello from me as well! These whees are definitely from the Hot Bodies model that the guys mentioned before. You will find the long chassis even more balanced than the normal one but with the wheels you may not feel the car so sparky or aggressive according to the throttle response because the are so damn heavy. Try the original Savage 25 tyres and you will see what I mean. I had experience with both type of tyres and the difference is tremendous!!! Enjoy buddy!

Latest posts

Members online

Back