which upgraded engine for a savage x 4.6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

hello, i have a hpi savage x 4.6 and i love the truck. my engine is probably on the way out pretty soon, I've had the whole truck since 2010 and i barely drove it.
i believe the stock motor on this is the hpi 0.28 however i want to upgrade/rebuild to a more powerful one for the cheapest price possible. I'm not really in a rush so i don't mind rebuilding albeit its gonna be my first time. i think i saw the recommened picco and lpi or whatever that brand is called however they seem to be going for $200+ and i don't feel like spending that much. i aslo heard something about a Argus .28 but not sure if it will me more powerful then my hpi 0.28

what would yall recommend me to do?

i would prefer to either rebuild this engine right now or buy a new backup whichever is most practical just because in the future maybe new motors will be harder to find

thx!

was looking around and i found some nitro engines on there and they seem to be made by sh. sometimes its hard to match keywords on these websites but i think the most powerful engine i could find was the m28-p3 correct me if I'm wrong. seems pretty decent for $115 cad. I was wondering yall thoughts on it and i had a few questions. I don't really need a new engine but sometimes its fun to just tinker around and doesnt hurt to have a cheap backup if its a decent motor. I am also in canada so its a bit harder to deal with usa shipping prices etc to get motors for a decent price. I would preferably want a .30 or something but idk if that can be found on aliexpress for a similar price.

1. Thoughts on this m28-p3? and is it authentic? with my brief research i think yes because sh seems to be a asian company but i could be wrong
2. how would this motor compare to my stock hpi f4.6? i believe the hpi is made by ofna or axial or something, i cant remember the manufacturer name
3. for the price would this be a decent buy or better to shell out the money for an argus .28?
4. i assume this will fit my savage x that currently has a f4.6?

thank you!!

Latest posts

Back