Which one shoud i get???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both good trucks! The x has a two speed with the f4.6. The xl is the 3 speed with the k5.9. Ive had both, both are good runnin units! I run the xl with the k5.9. I built a bullet proof all metal 3 speed an shimmed it. Have had no issues out of it! I like the longer wheelbase an wider track of the xl better.

I say XL but it is important to note that the 5.9 motor has some issues. Right out of the box use some Three Bond to lock the Mid range needle in place. The HPI pipe Limits the power of the motor. Down the road you may want to switch it to a cen gen 7.7 pipe. You will also want to replace the Jelly doughnuts it has for tires as soon as you can. Other than that a very solid truck. The extra length helps keep the nose on the ground and with a simple shock mod you can do away with those annoying wheelies all together. The length also makes it a lot more stable over all. The Three speeds Take a little more work to adjust 1-2 shift point but it is only 7 screws. The extra top and bottom end is fun when bashing.

Or put an ercm end bleed on it! Way better. Ive ran the stock pipe, ths pipe, cen 7.7 pipe an the end bleed. An ercm takes the win by a long shot!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back