which chassis is better for bashing or racing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

I now have both LCG plates, and an extended set...which would be better for building a racer, and which would be better suited for bashing?

well, the motor is the Hot Bodies .46 Truckzilla motor for the basher, and currently, just the stock NS-25 for the racer, although that will probably be upgraded to something a little speedier when the time comes (reccomendations for that are welcome as well!)...but i was leaning that way already, due to the lower center of gravity making the racer more agile in the corners...just wanted other opinions, even if the opinions are "man, this guy buys WAAAAY too much crap!!!" which actually echoes my wife's opinion...:eyecrazy:

ok...LCG...Nova Racing shock mounts...what shocks for the racer? and what engine?

Go with the RacerX Shocks....]-[0pa]0ng can vouche for those. For an engine, Novarossi would be great

ok...new chassis thrown into the mix (I buy WAAAAY too much stuff...LOL)

just won an auction for a Fast Lane Machine LCG Extended chassis...so logically, it's lower AND longer...I intend to put this badboy on my all-aftermarket-build/monster basher, but out of curiosity, what would it do for my Racer?

I've always suspected that wider would be better than longer, as far as cornering stability, so I've been looking at the wheel hub extenders for the racer...

ok...point blank, why is the Revo better suited to racing? if it's faster, the savage could be equipped with taller gears and a hotter motor...handles better? add LCG's, buggy shocks and extended wheel hubs...lighter? well, cut the fat outta the Savage (not sure where, but things like carbon fiber bits would help a little)

everyone seems dead set that the Revo is the Shiznit when it comes to racing, but what does it have that the savage doesn't, or can't have upgraded?

I got inot this hobby/sport for the bashing aspect, but my buddy's a bit too smug about his Revo for my tastes, and I wouldn't mind wiping the smile off his face :D

use it for racing, longer and lower is always better, less wheelies (if it does wheely), better cornering, more stable.

the revo is the best set up truck for racing, all the tecnology and part placement in it is top notch where as the savage is let down in nearly every area. the suspension set up on revo is formula 1 stylee. engine is slanted for better weight distrobution. better in most areas really. much lighter as well

if you wanna beat your bud then just drive better than him. a savage can beat a revo, mine has many a time. mostly down to driving.

thats what i reckon anyhoo

Latest posts

Members online

Back