Which Big Bores (BB's) ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys well since i took off 4 stock shocks off my truck leaving 4 stock shocks on, it looks REALLY cool when it sits low so I'm thinking of getting some BB's but there is 2 different kinds the ALUMINUM BB's and the NYLON BB's.. Is there really a BIG difference between the two ?

• NYLON for $50 (P/N HPI102365) -
HPI102365-450.jpg

• ALUMINUM for $80 (P/N HPIA720) -
HPIA720-450.jpg

If you have some Big Bores on your truck post them up please :)

Thanks
- Brandon

I say go with the A720 Big bore. That is what I just installed in mine.

The HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set is a four shock conversion set that makes Savage trucks handle better, reduces maintenance time, and looks great too! The set is lighter, stronger, and smoother than the stock Savage shocks. Oversized shock shafts and hard anodized aluminum shock bodies deliver extra strength, while PTFE pistons, silicone bladders and titanium nitride coated shafts combine for smoother suspension movement and extra traction on bumpy surfaces.

The Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set includes 4 high performance coilover shocks with springs. It comes preassembled and fits all Savage trucks and includes 3 different piston sets, a variety of preload spacers, complete instructions and all of the hardware needed for installation.

These shocks are preassembled but do not include oil.

We recommend HPI Pro Silicone Shock Oil:
86951 Pro Silicone Shock Oil 10wt
86953 Pro Silicone Shock Oil 20wt
86955 Pro Silicone Shock Oil 30wt

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/a720/

Don't have BB yet. If I don't like how the LSTs perform, then I'm gonna try the BBs. Hit Freddy up for tips on the BB if you get them Brandon. One thing i remember from Freddy talkin about them, is that if you wanna lower the stance of your truck with the BB, swap the shafts for either hellfire(I believe that's what he said) or shafts from the Cen GST 7.7 shocks. They are direct replacement fit for the BB. Plus, I heard him say that the GST shafts are alot stronger. I also know they are stronger because I used to run the GST shocks and never bend a shaft.

I just got a set of the Flux version and got tank on them yesterday and I really liked them.

One thing I noticed is the caps on the nylon bb's were a little better made than the A720's

If money is an issue then grab the Flux version. If money isn't a problem then grab the A720's for an extra $25. either way I think you will be happy.

i have been running the flux bigbores for almost a year now and they have stood up to some pretty serious abuse. i had to add oil to them for the first time last night ( they were only down about a 1/4 of an inch) i run 25wt oil in them with the large spring spacer and only the large spring.

as hyp would say get the fluxs and now you can buy alloy bodies and have alloy bbs for cheap without the fancy tini shaft

what oil should i go with when i get the nylon BB's? Currently have stock XLs and the oil that came in them. Think one or maybe two is leaking since its a little wet on the bottom of the shafts.

depending on the weight of your truck... but i run 35wt... Seems very nice but i may upgarde to a stiffer oil as its bottoming out a little too easily with it lowered. Def consider the hellfire shock shafts while your at it... if not you can just carry out the fuel tube shock mod to lower the stance and give unbeatable handling.

I have the aluminum big bores and love them. I would have got the flux set, but caught mine on a good deal so I went with them. I think I am runnig 30wt in mine and they have held up well. The flux set is just as good, so it is mostly a personal/financial descision.

Latest posts

Members online

Back