Where Do You Keep Your Radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwheeling

Just a question I kept asking myself everytime I stuck my radio back into the top of my toolbox. I have upgraded radios a couple times and it always seem to get scratches and dings. Well I just bought a spektrum Dx3s and did not want the same for it. I know they sell that $50 case that holds one controller but I have several family members that have trucks so I need more space. (I bet nobody here ever said that??HAHA)Anyway I wanted to pass my idea along. Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas.Thanks

$59.99 @ Gander Mountain
You see it fits 3 radios,3 igniters,hpi rotostart,losi rotostart, and enough spare batteries to fill all 3 radios.:bigsmilie:

Wow. Yep, youve got enough equipment to justify that beauty! thanks for the share!

great find!!!! thanks for sharing!! i keep my radio in a drawer lol so it gets all scratched up to so this is a helpful thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my radio back in its box in the styrofoam (i don't think i spelled that correctly)

Not a bad price for what it does. I like how much it does carry. I'm gonna keep this in mind. Been looking at the Pelican cases but this case offers quite a bit. Nice find.

yep I scratch and ding mine.... I was whining the last time I used it I was killing it. Nice find good share!

I keep mine in a Speedmind Racing bag. It's made from a nylon fabric, but it looks like carbon fibre ! I tried to find a link, but I couldn't remember where I got it.

Edit: Found this link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked Gander mtn website and catalog but nothing. I guess this is not something they normal carry? I did track down the website for a company called ADG PRODUCTS that sell this case. Their price is steep $80. Just look for a 2-pistol gun case. Here is the link
http://www.adgsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=108&products_id=492

Thank You for the link. Still looking. I have 2 radios that I want to protect. In another case I want to protect a team charger and muchmore power supply I have. This would be the 1st time I've wanted to take care of something I vested in.

I will get a picture of what I put my radio in but it is really cheap way if you have a DX2.

I will go out and get a pic or two in a little bit......it's too cold right now, lol.

100_3574.jpg

100_3575.jpg

I kept the box that my Spektrum came in, and when I bought that toolbox I was looking for a way to store my radio also, and that is the cheapest way I could come up with! Works quite well I must say.....

I have a small insulated 6 pack cooler that I keep mine in. The insulation adds some protection and the zipper pocket on the front is nice for the batteries, antenna etc.
000_4574.jpg

Thats a great looking case you have there. I also like the 6 pack cooler idea as I have a few of them around here somewhere.

Great ideas guys thanks.

gf got me the spektrum case for my dx3r. Love it put the radio in along with my glow wrench and a few other tools that may come in handy, great investment!

Just a question I kept asking myself everytime I stuck my radio back into the top of my toolbox. I have upgraded radios a couple times and it always seem to get scratches and dings. Well I just bought a spektrum Dx3s and did not want the same for it. I know they sell that $50 case that holds one controller but I have several family members that have trucks so I need more space. (I bet nobody here ever said that??HAHA)Anyway I wanted to pass my idea along. Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas.Thanks

$59.99 @ Gander Mountain
You see it fits 3 radios,3 igniters,hpi rotostart,losi rotostart, and enough spare batteries to fill all 3 radios.:bigsmilie:

Still like this box.

nice find, heading to gander tomorrow to stock up on some lures, i'll have to check the case out too.

I have about 8 transmitters. When i go to the park i carry them in a nice carboard box. At home they stay on the shelf with the truck they belong to.

8 transmitters.....OMG !!

I seriously recommend you upgrade to ONE quality computer radio, and preferably one with 2.4GHz. The high end models have a 40 model memory, which is way more than most people will need in their lifetimes. You can then just have one radio to take to the park and no more crystals to worry about. A worthy investment IMO.

]-[0pa]0ng;96512 said:
Thank You for the link. Still looking. I have 2 radios that I want to protect. In another case I want to protect a team charger and muchmore power supply I have. This would be the 1st time I've wanted to take care of something I vested in.

I have almost completed my p/s, charger, leads, batteries and anything else to keep my Flux running toolbox. I have also added an air circulation device that will be kinda cool when I am done. Its a Toolbox with 4 fans and the rest of my stuff for charging batteries, above sounded cool!! I will post this week picsbedtime

I have almost completed my p/s, charger, leads, batteries and anything else to keep my Flux running toolbox. I have also added an air circulation device that will be kinda cool when I am done. Its a Toolbox with 4 fans and the rest of my stuff for charging batteries, above sounded cool!! I will post this week picsbedtime

Cwheeling I would like to see that box!

Another project box

Well let me start out by saying I have to travel anytime I go to the big events so that is why I am always looking for the best way to pack all my equipment. I started with this toolbox http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...10551_10001_46605_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1
I liked it because its real shiney!!:duh: Anyway I just got into Brushless so I needed a BA charger,that needs a p/s and all the leads for lipos,NiMH,rx batteries(yes I still have 3 nitro trucks). So I got all that stuff and thought this toolbox was the perfect fit. Also I gathered up some fans I had close by(Just one of those I need that kinda parts)I was going to use them for cooling everything but that was not needed,so I faced the fans outward to give me and the family a little breeze when we are at the table chillin out. p/s works well charging 2 batts at once and running the fans. so I am satisfied with the outcome and it is all portable. The wood is more for a shelf just to give me a little more area. Final product holds p/s,charger in case,leads,ext cords for the generator,and a block of wood for prop on the top when it is open. Let me know what you think and I will have it at the World Finals to try it out:jamout:
The best part is that I spent about $35 bucks on the whole project
:FarleyParty::FarleyParty:

I missed this thread the first time around.

Great idea!! +1 rep.

Latest posts

Members online

Back