wheels spinning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etivac13

my wheels keep on spinning at idle... all i did was replace the brake pads a month ago but have not run it since... :duh:

You may have to retune just because it is getting hotter now. Is your idle gap set to 1 mm or less? You may need to riching the High speed needle (HSN). RC engines are not set it and forget it type settings. you always need to do some tuning here and there.

If you place the savage up hill, will it move forward at idle? If so, you will have to tune the HSN richer then 1/8th turn. If not, you will probably just need a little richer setting 1/8th or less. Remember to let the engine get use to the new setting for at least a minute or so. then check the idle.

All there suggestions are based on you having the right idle gap.

Nick

ok are the wheels spinning off the ground or as soon as you start the truck and it is trying to take off. is it doing this in a low idle. if it is a low idle and the wheels are spinning look at the clutch bell. you might have a clutch out of whack and its staying engaged.

I have this same problem really - when the truck is up on my stand, it will spin the wheels at idle. If I hit the brakes, the wheels stop, and then they don't spin after, or spin very little.

I have tried adjusting the idle so they don't spin at at - but that usually seems to kill the engine before they stop spinning, and I know I am running it pretty rich as well.

Do I just need to let it get warm before I adjust the idle?

No. Only adjust the idle when the truck is on its wheels. If the truck is in the air off its wheels, the wheels will spin a bit. Not a lot, but just a bit. If you put the truck on it tires and the truck does not move that all, that is what you are looking.

my tires don't spin if i got the truck off the ground...and ive never had a problem with the truck stalling cus of low idle.

All my nitro models don't spin when you take them off the ground. But it does happen from time to time. Except for my Hyper 7, I had a really hard time, tuning the hyper .21 engine. Hardest engine I have ever dealt with. It makes me cry! LOL Thats why that buggy is brushless now!

wheels are spinning off the ground, even at low idle...everything was then set to flush the last time i tested it...followed everything on the manual too... i'll just check it again this weekend... if i have the time...:loveford:

still having the same problem.... and now experiencing glitch... would this be causing this??? :duh:

Just replace the weak .8 springs with some .9 or 1. springs and that will fix the wheel spin. But honestly, as long as the truck doesn't try to drive off on you when its on a flat smooth surface than it should be fine.

As for the glitch. Check your antenna wires for cracks or holes. Check all the bearings for one that's seized or broken. Make sure all your batteries are charged or new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replace the weak .9 springs with some .9 or 1. springs and that will fix the wheel spin. But honestly, as long as the truck doesn't try to drive off on you when its on a flat smooth surface than it should be fine.

As for the glitch. Check your antenna wires for cracks or holes. Check all the bearings for one that's seized or broken. Make sure all your batteries are charged or new.

which spring is that??? it will run if i put it on surface...

as for the glich.. i already checked the antenna and did saw a minor cut...rx battery is new and charged... tx batts are old batt are charged and ok...will try again in a week or two...when i have the time...:duh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back