Wheel nut keeps comming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher_Ed

View attachment 4056

I just bought a Flux XP and the previous owner modded the rear carriers (see the above pic). The problem I'm having is that the nut that holds the wheel on keeps coming loose every few passes. I never had this issue on my nitro Savage. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent the nut from spinning loose on high speed runs?

I thought about that but wanted to seek some professional opinions. I also noticed that the wheel nut on my Savage are knurled on the back to prevent backing off. The wheel nuts that are on the truck now are smooth on the back. Will purchasing the ones that are knurled on the back solve my problem??

those are 17m truggy style hexes right ? they have a pin going threw the carrier which is held in by a set screw right ? if so blue lock tight and new nuts should do the trick just hand tight them and then a quarter more and let lock tight set up and you should have no issues.

I'll do that. I want the protection of not having to worry about them coming loose again. The wheel nuts that are on there now have a smooth surface and every 10 min of running I notice one or two of the nuts almost coming off.

those are 17m truggy style hexes right ? they have a pin going threw the carrier which is held in by a set screw right ? if so blue lock tight and new nuts should do the trick just hand tight them and then a quarter more and let lock tight set up and you should have no issues.

Good call Dan.

Latest posts

Members online

Back