What's the difference in sf10 and sf20 servos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stripersniper

What's the difference in sf 10 and sf20? When I looking up 20s on ebay 10s are listed also.

I would not use a sf 10 on a savage. a sf 20 would work for throttle but be too weak for steering 6.6 Kg/cm is only 91 ou in. I use my old steering servo for throttle and a savox for steering. Actually the sf-20 failed also and I have an airtronics servo in for throttle now.

It came stock with a 10 and 20, I burned up reciever and 1 servo but going to replace all 3 incase other ones bad so I don't have to wait another week. I will just order 1 1p and 1 20. Really wanted to upgrade but just spent 60 last week on robinson drum and spur so I'm just wanting to get going at this point without spending much.

Yes I have to agree, buy good servos of a good name brand metal geared servos with plenty of torque and speed for your needs and don't look back.... a servo with 150 ozin torque for throttle and 200 ozin or so for steering will serve the purpose, no real need to go way overboard but for sure buy quality stuff...

Put servos in several weeks ago and noticed it seems slower to steer left than right. That make any sense? Seems worse after about 15 minutes of running. And how do you get it on perfectly? The gears are tiny, I took arm off once allready thinking it was off a little was the problem and may still be off 1 notch but would that make one side weaker?

what servos did you install? and did you center the trim after mounting it with the linkage arm off, when that is finished then put the linkage arm on at 90 degrees so it has equal swing in both directions.....
as for it being slower one direction over the other it is possible you have a bit of binding in one of the cranks, does your steering cranks have bearings or just bushings??

what servos did you install? and did you center the trim after mounting it with the linkage arm off, when that is finished then put the linkage arm on at 90 degrees so it has equal swing in both directions.....
as for it being slower one direction over the other it is possible you have a bit of binding in one of the cranks, does your steering cranks have bearings or just bushings??
Linkage arm came off with old servo so I put it back where I thought it should be. When I turned it on wheels we're turned a little so I took arm off and moved it a little. I did adjust trim on remote, actually have to adjust it often it seems. Not sure on bearing or bushing, stock x about 2 months old and went back with stock servos as I didn't have money at the time for a upgrade. They were new but take offs of a truck I guess someone upgraded when new. I'm wondering if something wasn't really wrong with it to start with.

Truthfully the stock servos that come with the truck are just barely adequate and fail often, Look on E bay for metal gear servos and I am sure you can find some as cheaply as the ones in the truck stock that have good torque and will turn the wheels better... I have been using these for quite awhile and they work well enough for what I do.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-RC-Ser...926036?hash=item3f58649394:g:5nIAAOSw14xWF4P0

Be aware that there are different spline sizes on different brands of servos. The splines on the servo must match the splines on the arm.

Broke a gear today so going to order a set. Reading the next post and assume I don't need to worry about this? Also what's the next one up in size that brand? There cheap enough may look at a little stronger one.

Truthfully the stock servos that come with the truck are just barely adequate and fail often, Look on E bay for metal gear servos and I am sure you can find some as cheaply as the ones in the truck stock that have good torque and will turn the wheels better... I have been using these for quite awhile and they work well enough for what I do.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-RC-Ser...926036?hash=item3f58649394:g:5nIAAOSw14xWF4P0
I ordered one of these but didn't realize it was coming from Hong kong, took 3 weeks or so to get here. I couldn't wait so went to a hobby shop and got a rage. It works good, I couldn't spend 50 on a servox. It's on the steering, so the rage says 56 grams and 1.9oz. Should I swap it to throttle or put the one above on throttle? I'm kinda confused on throttle as the one I have seems to work ok to me. What's the advantage of a strong one on throttle?

I ordered one of these but didn't realize it was coming from Hong kong, took 3 weeks or so to get here. I couldn't wait so went to a hobby shop and got a rage. It works good, I couldn't spend 50 on a servox. It's on the steering, so the rage says 56 grams and 1.9oz. Should I swap it to throttle or put the one above on throttle? I'm kinda confused on throttle as the one I have seems to work ok to me. What's the advantage of a strong one on throttle?

a stronger and faster servo in the throttle position helps with braking mostly, stock servos seem to lack in the overall torque and changing it to a better servo only helps give you more enjoyment and peace of mind from the truck.....

I run high torque/steel geared servos for everything. Steering or throttle. Well, except for my jato, I just run a traxxas high torque digital for t/b and steering in it since it's so light, it's not as likely to strip the output shaft.

Braking is very hard on servos because your almost stalling the servo when applying brakes. The further you apply brakes, the heavier the load on the servo. Over time, a weak servo will fry or strip. If you have a servo that is stronger than your what you need when full brakes are applied, your not stressing it as bad as a weaker servo and it will last longer.

Not much worse than having a throttle servo fail on you at WOT. Watching your rig careen over a hill WOT only to hear the blood curdling SLAM as it hits something and stalls or shears the spur teeth/axle and the engine goes full tilt without a load. I've had that happen a few times back in the day. Usually because of water though as I wasn't overly careful at avoiding wet grass and I ran in snow. So now, I use high torque waterproof servos on everything.

My throttle servo actually bit the dust weds. Glad I had the etra one to throw in it. It works great, hit brakes on cement and it flipped over forward instantly. Gonna have to adjust brakes some. Too much brake now. It is a little noisy but can't tell when running. Broke a shock top piece today. Was hoping there was one in extra parts bag that came with truck but didn't see one. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Members online

Back