what's next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

So I'm just wondering if any of you have any good ideas or opinions on what I should do next to my Savage X 4.6? I've modded it quite a bit sofar, and I'm kinda stuck as to which direction I should go next. Here's my list of mods, hope I didn't forget any!

- HPI ribbed pipe, with a Buku on the way
- aftermarket clutch bell/spur gear (can't remember the combo, but i like it!)
- 3 shoe aluminum clutch
- steering bearing upgrade
- Hitec 645mg steering servo
- 40 series Moab's on Axial beadlocks
- HPI E-Savage suspension, as I wanted to lower the truck a tad
- stainless steel dual brakes
- new fuel lines and fuel filter

A three-speed transmission and a Picco .28 are the next big mods that I will do, but until that time, I'd love to do some more upgrading, make the Savage tougher and better!

If you guys have any good ideas, I'd love to hear them, and if you have any questions or comments about the mods I've already done, I'd love to hear those too. Thanks again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have any questions or comments about the mods I've already done, I'd love to hear those too. Thanks again!!

my question: sounds like a good truck, but where the heck are the pics? :stickpoke:

what radio equipment r u running? i don't see it mentioned in your list, and imo if you don't have already, you would love a 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx upgrade for better control before you add massive power and speed.

you will also extend the life of your servos & slide carb with the ability to set servo 'end points' so you don't over stress these things.

:jamout:

Thanks for the replies guys!

I had the red fiber brakes on the truck, the ones that came stock, and they didn't work very well at all. I then changed to the stainless ones, and they work great, so I'm gonna stick with them!

Pics will come soon, I just built a ramp for it, so I'll take pics of everything all together.

I'm running stock radio equipment right now, want to upgrade to a 2.4, but just not quite yet, its coming though!

And, the Buku, I got it used from a member on here, can't wait to get it here and installed!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back