what WT. oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagevtnx

hi ive just bought the hpi aluminium shocks and don't know what W.t oil to put in them. and i have read that you should have a heavier oil in the rear ones but how much heavier. i've just got my savy 4.6 about 5 month ago and just used the stock oil but they leaked a lot and 2 of the snapped the other day when i was jumping.

p.s thats all i've got my savy for is jumping does that make a difference?

thanks in advance

jimi: :confused: :confused: confused:

The shock oil will help with racing and launches....If you do go with heavier oil, be sure to keep in mind not to go too heavy or else you'll need to compensate with heavier springs.

The standard oil in the shocks is about 10wt so i changed mine to pure silicone oil 30wt front and 35wt rear hope this has helped:)

I just bought some 25W oil, will that work well with the stock shocks or should i just get some 30front/35rear like most of you run. I have the black springs for the 4.6 if that matters

I will throw a wrench in the talk here I run 50wt all around with black springs I was haveing problems with breaking stuff when I would land because the truck would bottom out so hard but then again 95% of the time I drive my truck I am on the farm down the street that has a motocross and stunt track so my truck hitting a 50ft motocross jumo many times a day is common and fun

Latest posts

Members online

Back