What type of diff fluid/oil for your FLUX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteGra

Am in the middle of rebuilding my son's Flux differentials and waiting for the parts (gaskets, seals, bearings, bulkhead).

An HPI customer service rep recommended 1000 wt diff fluid/oil, but most of my son's driving is NLRC monster truck type races and freestye, so I think I will go a little higher. It will aslo help him control the truck better (he's six).

Am thinking of putting in 50k/30k for front/rear to keep his tires from unloading and ballooning. However, now that it is colder, I'll probably go with 30k/10k.

Some of the other forums (rcnitrotalk, rc-monster, rcuniverse) use lower numbers but are mostly talking about Savage X, XL, etc. which makes sense because the rpm is a lot lower for a nitro than brushless.

For those who have rebuilt Flux diffs, what weight are you using for your diff oil?

i am running 15k front and 30k rear in my x but i like a truck that can flat track or drift which ever you want to call it. if it was reversed it would be a good set up for control i get a little unloading of the inside tire on the 15k diff but i can alomst drive it on 2 wheels with the 30 k

Latest posts

Members online

Back