What temp for the 4.1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w00t

Hi all, I've only had my Savage for less than a week now, and I've run about a half gallon through it. I didn't have a temp gun for when I was breaking it in but I have one now.

What is the max temp that I should let it get? The manual says no more than 250*F. I have done some searching on the forums and it sounds like you guys say it's ok if you keep it less than 280*F.

I just need some confirmation on this.

Even though I got a brand new truck I have been kinda disenchanted with it this week because I've been worrying about the tuning and whether or not I screwed up the engine during break-in. I had it screaming at one point but it was gitting up around 270*F and so I shut it down because the manual has me scared. I love how durable this truck is, I've seriously abused it with some pretty hard crashes and no parts have broken yet. If I can get the truck to run reliably it will be perfect.

I have an HPI Nitro RS4 MT with the nitro star 15FE in it and the engine runs really well and is super easy to tune. The only problem is that the truck breaks all the time! I never even temp gunned that truck, I only ever used the spit test and I've never ruined anything in the motor. Why is the 4.1 so much harder to tune?

I have savage .25 with also a 4.1cc engine, and i have it already for 10 liters (2,5 - 3 gallon).
If i tune my engine till max prefomance, it will get till 150*C (300*F).
If i tune it below 135*C (280*F) it will stotter a lot and there is no prefomance at all !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back