What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

OK guys I have the savage 25 sitting on the table........it is getting a new steering servo (Hitec 645MG) but now that I have the X 4.6 I want to set the 25 to the side for now and make it a project truck.

I don't know what I want to do with it yet, I already have a set of Pro-line Road Rage's that just need some nice rims so I am thinking of a street racer since the local club that I am in race's on road sometimes..........

What do you guys think??

Road Rages with what 40 series rims??

Mid tank?

I am thinking of either running only 4 shocks or running all 8 but doing the fuel line mod to the shocks.....

Keep in mind that ATM it already has a STS 28, HPI Aluminum clutch shoes, Savage X cam type servo saver, going to have a 645mg servo installed and it had brand new diffs all the way around and HD driveshafts all the way around.

I may be getting a new motor for it but that is the very last thing if I even get a new motor for it.

Thanks
HPI_Savage25

Last edited by a moderator:
All right my thoughts. Do the mid-tank along with LST shocks w/adjustable sleeve and silver springs with 35-40wt oil, screw the nuts to the top this will leave a really nice ride hight savage for the road. I would also get a set or LCG TVP's if not Extended. I would deffanetly use some 40 series wheels.Some extenended arms may be nice for a bit more width which will help alot with cornering. You could also put some swaybars on, Some guys have put the hellfire bars on. This should give you a great start.

Ditch any skid plate, roll bar and all other weight as possable.

What about the muggy shocks for a lower ride. I beleive it's called a muggy, that's what they called it in a mag. Not up to speed on the Losi products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said I have the Road Rage 40 series but I need some rims for them.

I am looking at the FLM LCG and the FLM LCG ext. TVP's.

This will most likely be an on going project and getting parts as I get the money.

I currently have the Extended FLM TVP's, Engine plate, Engine mount, Steering Link, and Skid plate. I love them all they are very nice and seem very sturdy. They helped with handling. To get a better turning radious all you have to do is throw a bit longer aluminum servo horn on the steering servo. then take the tires off and turn the servo from side to side seeing what hits and where. Then take a sharp knife/file and remove where its hittine. This works great. I think I cut my turn radious down to about 1/3 of what it was if not 1/2.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back