what seperates truggies from trucks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

I keep hearing the term "truggy" and I am assuming that it's somewhere between a truck and a buggy (I know...I'm a genius, right?? LOL)

but what exactly, is the distinction? so far, I've noticed narrower tires(for better turning, I would imagine) as well as a wider stance (wheel extenders, or widely offset rims for better stabitily)...but those CAN'T be the only differences...so, anyone have any insight to share?

The truggy conversion of a savage usually consists of a pan style chasis, shorter suspension travel and handling...

oh...I forgot to mention, center diffs...

why is a pan style chassis better?

a truggy is a buggy with elements of truck in it. should have a flat pan chassis with a centre diff mounted above the chassis level, will have a longer/wider wheel base than a buggy and use truck size tyres.

they are more suited to off road racing than any other car

look at some truggies, the difference should be quite apparent

they have a much lower centre of gravity because of the pan chassis and the centre diff helps to evenly distribute power, giving a better race machine. there suspension set up is somewhere between a buggy and monster truck set up although they do not have as much travel as a monster truck

muggy

Speaking of the whole truggy thing, anyone like the muggy? While truggy is a mix between a truck and a buggy. The muggy is suppose to be a mix of a Monster truck and a buggy.

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0018

I think its pretty sweet. Eh maybe one day when i'm independently wealthy. On the other hand, I'd like to make the savage into a racer and smack around revo's on the track just for the haha, nanny nanny boo boo, na nana na na, pee in their wheaties feeling.

it wil be alot of work and very difficult to get the savage to a stage where it can be raced well, and reduce its weight. don't underestimate the revo its a well setup machine and feather weight compared to a sav.

I think its pretty sweet. Eh maybe one day when i'm independently wealthy. On the other hand, I'd like to make the savage into a racer and smack around revo's on the track just for the haha, nanny nanny boo boo, na nana na na, pee in their wheaties feeling.

good luck with that one, would love to see it :) savage vs. revo... well there is no competition there :buttshake: :duel:

the muggy looks good, heard it has a few initial problems which you need to rectify before it is good to go, never actually seen one though

There was a Savage at our track that dominated the monster truck class. It was always a race between him and the top Revo driver. But the Savage needed a LCG chassis from Twisted Toyz and a lot of other upgrades to make it light, low, and fast and cost about 26 thousand dollars (joke) and the Revo was practically out of the box. Not trying to discourage you, but just so ya know, it can cost a lot to make a Savy competative if you have Revos with competent drivers.

The Revo is still considered a monster truck though. Thats the advantage, that it competes in the Monster class. If the Revo competed with truggies at my track, it would not fare so well. My Thunder Tiger ST-1 with a Nova p5 is much faster than the revos and turns the track so well it makes people think I can actually drive.

agree with that, my revo might just about keep up with the truggies, but i will to wait and see, once i run against some ill post up how it fairs

we'll see...

first of all, the Revo driver I'm after (how did this become me vs. a Revo? I just asked what made a truggy a truggy...LOL) has about a year more driving under his belt than I do, plus, he's decided to drive electrics on the off season to keep his skills up...which could help, but I'm certain his electric handles differently his Revo...

Secondly, the local tracks have little, or no straight-aways, so the top speed isn't a factor...mostly accelleration, and turning/cornering...

thirdly, the Revo driver never seems willing to get on the throttle, as if he's too cautious for some reason...

the couple of times I've seen him race, he's won, mostly by default, when the other guy's truck craps out halfway thru the race...

but he IS getting better, so maybe it's a pipe-dream...LOL

I'm thinking of investing in an LSP or a CRT too, my bro's got the LSP and its an amzing toy. its quick and takes the jumps really well. it can take a good beating and as yet he hasn't had any probs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back