What makes the Savage 1/8th scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeingeyegod

On a vacation
Are they REALLY 1/8th? I mean they are big trucks, but they don't look out of scale next to my 1/10th scale cars at all. Probably more like 1/9th. Just wonder how much of the 1/8th moniker is marketing. Maybe it more represents toughness of parts than size.

I don't think any of the scales are exact... they use a formula I suppose to gauge that....
I have an XTM MMT and it is billed as 1/7 scale but it is much bigger than the savage is by a long shot......

MMT in front Savage in back

Savage in front MMT in rear....

Last edited:
Well, I dunno, the bigger truck looks a bit bigger overall. It's a subtle thing. a 1/10th monster truck would just be slightly smaller overall than a Savage.

Well, I dunno, the bigger truck looks a bit bigger overall. It's a subtle thing. a 1/10th monster truck would just be slightly smaller overall than a Savage.

I'd disagree. My 1/10 scale trucks look tiny next to my Savage.

Are you 1/10th trucks monster trucks or just "normal" size trucks? My Savage next to my 1/10th Tamiya rally car I think looks the same as a real car would look next to a real monster truck. Obviously the monster truck is a lot bigger... but I think the same size little person would be in scale next to both really.

Are you 1/10th trucks monster trucks or just "normal" size trucks? My Savage next to my 1/10th Tamiya rally car I think looks the same as a real car would look next to a real monster truck. Obviously the monster truck is a lot bigger... but I think the same size little person would be in scale next to both really.

I have a 1/10 monster truck, stadium truck and car. As I said, they all seem rather small in comparison. I'm sure though that across brands the scale can be rather subjective.

Yeah, the XL would be more akin to a 1/7th scale.

I think the first pro 15 t-maxx had shorter arms than current t-maxx 2.5. T-maxx/revo 2.5 (short chassis) 1/10 scale were shorter than a savage 21/25/x 1/8 scale by a little. Sat a little lower also. In stock form, the tires were a bit shorter too due to less sidewall, but same rims.

The tmaxx/revo 3.3 version extended the chassis a bit, but still had the same height/width as the 2.5 versions, which blurred the line a bit more.

They still seemed "big" compared to a typical 1/10 stadium truck like the Losi XXX-NT and Assocated RC10GT.

Then you throw in the 1/8th scale buggies... lol! I guess if you compared those tot he 1/10th scale electric buggies, you would see the size difference. Everything was larger.
DSC01191Custom.jpg

MT's just blurred the line a bit in general since some parts were/are interchangeable between them.

Not trying to change the scale rating conversation but take the XS it's listed as a 1/10th scale but has stadium truck wheels and tires, it's more like a 1/12 scale =).

1/10 summit 1/8 savage xl look at the super huge tires on the summit compared to the proline mashers 40 series lmao

Attachments

• 20160717_195932.jpg
    20160717_195932.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

Back