What kind of oil/grease should I use in the transmission?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agold2009

So since my truck is down until I can get a slipper, I wanted to remove the existing blue thick grease in the transmission and use whatever is best recommended for it.

Is it best to replace with the same thick blue grease, or something else such as silicone oil or lithium grease, or simply leave it dry?

Thanks!

I got some little tubes that say black grease on them from my lhs that work great. I put a couple small dabs on the teeth in the transmission and the diffs.

As stated above there is no reason to load up the transmission w grease it's actually a greaseless gearbox I also used the hpi black grease (not even a full tube) the diffs are where you want the "diff" oil

I use white lithium grease or Red N Tacky grease - both cost less then $10 and will pretty much last you for life, if all you're using them for is your RC's. The white lithium is a thinner grease and works great for added protection while the red n tacky is thicker and works great in diffs!

As stated above there is no reason to load up the transmission w grease it's actually a greaseless gearbox I also used the hpi black grease (not even a full tube) the diffs are where you want the "diff" oil
I should clarify. I used the black grease on the ring and pinion gears. I put 50k and 100k on the spider gears inside the diffs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back