What is the difference between those holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmadrid7

Hey Guys,

I was deep cleaning my rig and I saw on the back tower 3 holes... I wonder what makes the difference to put the shock in it. Somebody knows?

IMG_5816.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Also changes the leverage on your shock. The more perpendicular your shock is to the arm, the more "stiff" it is. The more it lays down, the "softer" it is. Most rigs that aren't monster trucks have many holes in the towers and arms to adjust the shock feel to suit the drivers needs or track. It's quicker at the track to adjust your shock that way than it is to replace the oil and springs.

Also changes the leverage on your shock. The more perpendicular your shock is to the arm, the more "stiff" it is. The more it lays down, the "softer" it is. Most rigs that aren't monster trucks have many holes in the towers and arms to adjust the shock feel to suit the drivers needs or track. It's quicker at the track to adjust your shock that way than it is to replace the oil and springs.
I actually think it is opposite to that

Shock Angle: Shock angle refers to the mounting position of the shocks on both the upper and lower mounts. Not only are your spring and oil choices important factors in how your vehicle will handle, but they also govern the position in which the top and bottom of your shocks are mounted. Let’s break down the front first. Up top, the outermost mounting position will offer the sharpest steering response and the sharpest or quickest shock response, while the innermost mounting holes will offer less steering while offering smoother shock response. The bottom mounts on the front are pretty much all about cornering. Inner mounts will accentuate the vehicle’s low speed steering while outer holes on the bottom in the front will contribute to high speed cornering ability.

The rear shock’s mounting positions are also about steering response, but also about handling and launch characteristics. On the top of the shocks, an outer hole will also lend itself to more steering and better suspension reaction, while the inner-most mounts will offer better rear traction and an overall smoother ride over rougher terrain. The lower mounting holes on the rear offer even further options for steering response. Inner mounts provide less steering with smooth shock reaction while outer holes equal sharper steering with less control over rough conditions.

Latest posts

Members online

Back