What is everyone's opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X25

it's all good
Hey guys!!! i am getting ready to get some new tires and was just wanting to know what everyone would suggest. My plan is to run them on a set of maximizer bead locks. i mainly run on grass, but i also run on a little asphalt and some dirt. i am looking for a tire with allot of grip due to the fact that it seems like that is always what i lack. for some reason i have problems with spinning the tire on all my trucks. Any info you can give would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you to those of you that help.

Well I'm getting black maximizers with a 1/2 offset. Then I'm using Team Losi Zombies on them.

Hey remember my axial beadlock rims THREAD? Well those rims with Losi LST2 tires are killer...Ive enjoyed those very much Just a rippin tire.

Hey remember my axial beadlock rims THREAD? Well those rims with Losi LST2 tires are killer...Ive enjoyed those very much Just a rippin tire.

thank you for your input. i also have the axial bead locks but on the truck i am trying to stay away from the 40 series. I am going to run maximizer bead locks but i just wanna know what peoples tire suggestions are.

there are alot of good tyres out at the moment.

ive never seen zombie maxx's but i would love too. they look aggressive.

crimefighters might be a good option for more grip. the harder compound ones would be better, as they will last more on asphalt.

there are alot of good tyres out at the moment.

ive never seen zombie maxx's but i would love too. they look aggressive.

crimefighters might be a good option for more grip. the harder compound ones would be better, as they will last more on asphalt.

thank you for your suggestion poly. i will take yours and every ones suggestions in to consideration

my dirt bonez kick pretty hard on the asphalt, the bonez never had a problem with grip, ask Chunky or Hop, the truck would kick straight upside down from a stop and can corner like noone business on the street. I think this is part to the way the tread is and that they don't have a soft side wall. I also have a set of proline trim it yourself foam inserts that aid in turning traction. My biggest problem is keeping all four wheels down when i turn too tight

my dirt bonez kick pretty hard on the asphalt, the bonez never had a problem with grip, ask Chunky or Hop, the truck would kick straight upside down from a stop and can corner like noone business on the street. I think this is part to the way the tread is and that they don't have a soft side wall. I also have a set of proline trim it yourself foam inserts that aid in turning traction. My biggest problem is keeping all four wheels down when i turn too tight

do you have any problems with the dirt bonez wearing out quickly or do they last awhile. I know that the asphalt is hard on any tire but just kinda wanna get an idea of how long they will last. The dirt bonez look like the are an aggressive tire which is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you guys think about the HPI pitch fork tires or the HPI dirt claws

Last edited by a moderator:
do you have any problems with the dirt bonez wearing out quickly or do they last awhile. I know that the asphalt is hard on any tire but just kinda wanna get an idea of how long they will last. The dirt bonez look like the are an aggressive tire which is a good thing.

The DirtBones are a good tire I ran a used pair on the street for 6-8 tanks and saw minimal wear. The only complaint is the side wall is really soft. It's so soft that your rims will get chewed up when you make turns on the street.

what do you guys think about the HPI pitch fork tires or the HPI dirt claws

Dirt Claws are nice but they suffer form the same thing the dirt bones, soft sidewall. At least the pair I ran had a soft sidewall, I believe Compound B is the stiffest and I'm not sure what I ran.

DirtBonez<DirtClawz

i will have to remember that thanks poly.

To make things easier for me when i get some more suggestions on tires I'm going to start a poll on the most recommended tire to see which on i should get. let me know if yall think this is a good idea.

I personally wouldn't buy a tire just because most people recommend it. I normally ask and shop around then decide the myself. Thats just me.

I'm gonna try a stock revo tire because i have heard good things about them. But i still wanna find anouther set for the other trucks so please keep the suggestions coming.

the tire wear i have seen so far on the bonez is minimal, the sidewalls are soft, but i use stiffer foams

thanks for the suggestion fuel father i will keep them in mind

FX when are you suppose to get you new set?

so you like the maximizers and the zombies. i am defitnetly thinking the maximizers. i was wondering about the zombies can you go into more detail on the tires please

I recommend trying the stock Revo tires if you want a good all-around tire with very little sidewall flex! Sorry...don't know much about many of the others.

thanks for the suggestion fuel father i will keep them in mind

FX when are you suppose to get you new set?

I haven't ordered them yet, I'll be sure to post some pics of the Zombies when I get them.

My mistake

heres my maximizer 1/2 offset with zombies...wheelies all day long in the grass...no slip.

My mistake these are stock LST Claw MT tires on my Maximizers not Zombies.
I like the tires alot but don't expect to be turning sharp unless you got a good steering servo. I have a Spektrum high torque steering servo and it struggles to turn them without pumping the throttle. I usually run on dirt or grass hitting big airs with kickers. The tire are heavy with added ducktape on the inside so no balooning at all. Once I got them on the X-75's not a single one has slipped off. The tread on them are great and really grip. Overall I would rate this setup a 10 for bashing and a 0 for racing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back