what engine???? help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowpopracer

Ok I have posted here and got a lot of great feedback so here is my latest question. What is the hot engine to drop in a savy these days. I plan on racing my savy and have many upgrades which ive listed on prior threads. Problem is that with all the extended chassis and alum servo mount for mid tank conversion I am a bit worried about the weight gain. Plus I have been thinking about buying extended a arms and I can only find them in alum which would make it even heavier. I want opinions on motors with high horsepower, rotostart compatability and reliability. I don't want monster hp with driveability problems etc. I have been thinking os .30, or rb928. But have also seen sts and axial .32. My friend has a JP Mod .30 on a buggy and it has tons of power but he cant keep it running, and for the record he knows alot about rc and is a great tuner. So thats what I am trying to stay away from is engines that run hard but are unreliable, and rotostart capability is a must since I cant us a starter box. Any and all comments will be appreciated. Also why I am at it can I also get some comments on different clutches that would perform better such as the werks set up? Thanks again.

P.S. when I get this beast all done up Ill post some pics on here.

my axial is sweet, runs purfect, holds a tune,like 2.38hp claimed,best is its reliability,very dependable,an looks kool

the axial 0.32 engine is a brilliant runner with loads of power to shift all of that extra weight. and has never caused me any problems

Latest posts

Members online

Back