what does the dial mean on top of a glow plug ignitor? is it a voltage dial or something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

i have a glow plug ignitor and it has a dial on the top with numbers. is it some type of charger or volt meter? or what is it supposed to tell you. the dial seems to be in the middle when its usually at the very end. ive had it on charge for a day and tested the battery voltage with a multimeter and it was 1.4v directly at the battery.

any idea on what that dial thing means or does?

Its a volt meter, tells you if the plug still works and how much juice is left at the battery.

If you are sure the battery is good and you plug it in the dial doesn't move then the plug is shot and needs changing.
If the dial is in the middle of closer to the lower end battery needs charging.

Its a volt meter, tells you if the plug still works and how much juice is left at the battery.

If you are sure the battery is good and you plug it in the dial doesn't move then the plug is shot and needs changing.
If the dial is in the middle of closer to the lower end battery needs charging.

ahh gotcha thx so much! i had some old plugs left over and it was always in the middle for all 3. will try with a new plug and see if it glows

I never had great luck with those "meters". Usually tapping it would cause it to move one way or the other regardless if the plug was good. lol!

I find that the igniter with the rechargeable c battery is way better as well ! The ones with the needle are usually alkaline throw away batteries and they are not as good

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back