What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

Hey savvies whats up. Ok tomarrow my 20ft. of aluminum round stock is coming in I'm going to make a roll bar. But I cant decide if I want it to connect to a pair of aluminum shock towers for added strength or just be simple and mount to the tvps. What would you say? if I connect to alum. shock towers I could make it very beefy and stable this may seem like a stupid question but I'm really on the fence on this. Do you guys see a potential problem with this( connection to shock towers)..Now Iknow Ive said a lot on here regarding work I'm doing but man its really hard working and raising kids I hope that no one thinks I'm full of sh!* really I like this forum and all its personality good bunch of guys...so what do you think.....:patriotism:

Ok next question wheres a good place to get the shocktowers for the best price but still keeping the quality of the good ones.

ok got the rods today now just need the aluminum shock towers. but I'm going to start on the roll bar now.

Well I'm going to try welding the rod my self. little practicing..20 feet of this stuff was only 3.50 so its not like its expensive and its pretty strong. I think its will been cool.

Thanks windjammr I'll check them out.

What are you welding it with? Alloy welds tend to not be as strong as you think depending on how they are done. Connecting to the shock towers will deff strengthen the whole thing, but the shocks will be taking the force that the flexing of the shock towers took. So it is possible to bend shocks and what not more, depending on landings. Just my .02

I'm going to use aluminum welding rod to weld the roll bar. Your point of the two different alloy strenghts does make this a hard one. So I thought about it and one way to go around this issue would be to make it like the plastic one.
You know how it slides through the body post and is secured with clips mabey somthing like that. Of another way I thought would be to bolt it to the shock towers..Yes you have very valid points.. My savage was in a bad accident busted up a few major areas, Diff case, TVP's ect. So I'm rebuilding it as well. Had to hammer out the TVPs till I can get some new ones..This roll bar also needs to look good if you know what i mean.so A lot of thought has to go into it. By the way thanks for the reply..I appreciate it

maybe try and work out a design that connects the roll cage to the shock towers and tvps? bit more work involved, but should give the most amout of bracing all around.

yeah I 'm tring to come up with something just not enough workable areas the TVP's need to be a little thicker. I'v got the stock ones so mabey the thicker ones would be good for sure...Its all just an Idea right now I did start to play with the 1/4 round bars there will be a lot of welding I want it to be strong.

Members online

Back