what do you guys advise me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashard

Nitro Nutcase.
I want a 1/16-1/18 scale electric off road car so my little cousin and I can race in the backyard.
can anyone give me advice of what I should buy?
the hotbodies minizilla and the losi mini-lst are widely available around here as well as spare parts & hop-ups for these two cars.
3 days ago I bought a second kyosho mini inferno because my little cousin has one also but it had some problems.
after taking it apart I found that the gears were of such poor quality that the center diff was locked and the other diffs were almost fully jammed.
because of this the slipper clutch was toasted and the engine was getting so hot it started to smoke.
because I took it apart I can`t take it back to the lhs and have it repaired for free, even if the warranty wasn`t void I don`t want to drive it anymore and I`m certainly not gonna spend anymore money on this thing to repair it or buy hop-ups for it.
I`m completely fed up with the mini inferno and kyosho in general.
I did manage to accelerate it over maybe 40 mph but that was after I kicked it with my worker boots.
please guys, the weather is nice over here and my cousin and I want to get back to racing as soon as possible so I really need some advice.

XRAY M18MT MICRO MONSTERTRUCK 1/18 this truck. it looks like a very durable little monster
i'm thinking of buying this little thing for the rainy days and when my sav is injured ..like now:( its not that xpensive also €165,- complete...without a transmitter and stuff
you can buy it on www.pkracing.nl if you can't find it anywhere els

hm.
the mini-inferno buggy was 205 euro`s.
I was standing in the lhs with the mini-nferno and the hotbodies minizilla and picked the %##@%^$@^^&%#$#%%^&*^^$#$%^&&^%$$ mini-inferno.
the minizilla looked cool also, like a micro savage!
it looked as tough and durable as his 1/8 scale brother.
but I wanted a mini-inferno because my little 4yr old cousin has one also.
with 2 mini-infernos it would be an equal race.

he had in the beginning.
after 2 days the slipper clutch was working normal so I think there was a lot of internal friction which had to wear off a bit.
his diffs are functioning normal too, mine felt like there was a ton of sand in them and the center diff was almost completely locked.
after buying the second kyosho which was broken in the box and after taking it apart myself, I decided that I didn`t want the d##n thing anymore.
I don`t want any kyosho anymore.
never again..........

glad i never even started with them hehe .. i made one big mistake by buying a HPI Nitro RS4 MT..4years ago .. that thing always gave me trouble..I didn''t even broke it in and all of my dogbones where bend already...then when i replaced them witd shiny CVD's alround i trashed my diffs en bevels..almost constantly..then i replaced those with steel bevels...it whas driving pretty fine but the suspension arms kept breaking on me and the steering blocks where falling out frequantly..Than my engine staled and broke down on me..and that whas the last drop for my .. i kicked the living sh*t out of the thing en trew it in a corner the rotten away for almost 3years...in that time i started BMX riding..and stoped with that about en half year ago and i tryed to rebuild my MT again.. and that worked pretty fine .. had to spend a lot of money on it to work again and i bought an new engine (HPI nitro star 18SS) ...that went pretty fine and all but because of the strong engine the spur gear and diffs where grinding away..(not a big deal...i had a good job at the time :p ).. then i blew up my angine when i tryed to schange fuel (first model technics and then on to 16%tornade) ..zo i bought a new engine again.. (same one) now the engin whas running great .. but the darn thing (the car) just started to break again ..zo again i kicked it in a corner and thought it whas a great plan to buy a new car.. and that whas the savage 4.6.. Zo the nitro rs4 MT whas one MASSIVE mistake and i will naver buy a stadium truck again! cuzz that MT2 18SS gives nothing more than trouble to (a friend of my has one and he curses that thing also) zo no more stadium trucks!!!!

well, I`m glad to know that in time!
I want to have an off-road car to race beside my savvy but I think I`ll just stick with the hellfire.
before buying my savvy I was looking for a hellfire OR a nitro mt-2 18ss.
I`ll be patient and wait for the hellfire SS to hit the lhs in holland.
I had problems with a protech shaft 12.
this was a 1/10 scale RTR and it gave me nothing but problems.
the chassis was pretty tough but the radio system was ####.
because of interference my car went down in a mudpool.
it won`t break but the engine and radio control were of poor quality.
when I bought a graupner radio and servos the control problem was gone but now the spur & drive shafts came out at high speed so it was almost total-loss again.
after spending 500 euro`s on repairs for a 300 euro`s readyset I decided to cut my losses and go look for a decent quality car.
now I got the savage and this thing is excellent quality, it takes massive hits without bending & breaking.
it has some disadvantages like half tank lean and the gears which tend to strip but that`s nothing compared to most other rc cars.
with all my previous rc cars- nitro and electric- I was always more repairing and maintaining than I was actually driving the cars but with the savvy it`s the opposite.
now I`m more driving than maintaining & repairing.
when my car is out of business for a longer period now it`s because I want to put hop-ups in and not because it has to be repaired for every 30 mins of driving.
as soon as I got the tranny treated with carbide coating and put tungsten bearings and titanium shafts in I want to make it so durable that I can use it like a nikko, just take it off the shelf, go bashing, put after-run in it and put it back on the shelf and not having to rebuild and inspect it.
it may be a long way before I have upgraded it to this level but I will get there!

The hellfire is in my opinion not such a strong truck also.. the chassis just looks weak ...to much little parts and they have made it to complecated..with all there adjustable arms en steering blocks. the only great thing is that it has a center diff.. is wish they would make one for the savage to.. it reduces a big piece of the stress on the gears because of the fact that the front and rear wheels can turn on a different RPM...that pretty much the only big advantage it has to the savage

from what I`ve heard it`s built quite strong.
but I`ve seen the baja 5b today in the lhs and WOW!
what a machine!
it`s much bigger than the FG marder and from what I could see MUCH stronger.
In one word beautiful.
both the looks as the construction are beautiful.
I`ll wait for the hellfire SS to come out and if I don`t like it after all I`ll go for the baja.
the only thing that is not beautiful is the price, 1200 euro`s!
but it is complete with batteries, chargers, 2 stroke oil, radio, everything what`s needed to drive it is included in the box.
now all I want is a kit version........

is it bigger than the marder??...but its the same scale right?? (1:6)
i only have seen the baja on pictures at hpi racing and i think its real nice build machine to..especially compared to the marder.. those are just ugly .. i never liked them.. they don't have a realistic look and the chassis is just ugly..but they drive awesome..we've got a little offroad club here on texel sinds a short time and one of those members have let my drive such a monster (marder that is than) and they are awesome to drive and very VERY strong.. the on i whas driving with could substain much more abuse than a savage... and i hope the baja 5B is at least just as strong as that....it looks stronger so it must be right? ...oww and by the way..how is your LHS named?? Quartel?

it`s about 20-30 cm longer and the center of gravity is much lower.
the wheelbase is also much wider, at least 10-15 cm.
the scale is 1/5 and not 1/6 so I think that`s why it`s bigger.
the guy at the lhs is a real FG freak but if he had to buy a bigscale buggy he`d buy the baja and not the marder.
he has a BEAUTIFUL FG maclaren F1 and the thing runs at 125 REAL km/h.
he also said that by the looks of the baja it`s built way stronger than a marder.
if you go to your brother and if you can manage to get to veenendaal, you should check it out yourself but leave your bank card at home or you walk out as a poor man.
I`ve opened a separate bank account to do a little saving to finance my hobby so next summer I might be driving a baja 5b!
the adress is holleweg 32 in veenendaal.
www.quartel.nl

great thanks.. i think i've bin there ones before...like 5 or 6 years ago :p
...i will take my bank card with me.. its completely emty at the moment and the way it looks now it will stay empty for a while to... pretty f*cked up...
i made some biiiiig miscalculations :p..
i think the baja is to big for me.....
in my opinion the savage is already a BIG truck and i don't wanna get any bigger.. just a little bigger than a Baja and a little more money and you can buy a cart and driv in it yourzelf.... zo i don't think i will ever buy a buggy/truck on 1:6 scale or bigger ..and thanks for the address... i will get my brow confinsed that we should go there...

wait til you see it.
I never liked buggys before because I think they`re ugly.
a monstertruck or a dtm car is much more beautiful but I`m in love with this thing!
If it can cook I`ll marry it!
I`ve been making calculations myself too, financial calculations.
I don`t want to wait til next summer, I want it NOW!
but too bad, no matter how I try to miscalculate the soonest I can afford it is december and because I don`t drive in the winter I have to wait til spring before I can drive so it`s no use to buy it in december.
and for me, wintertime is FISHING TIME.
from october 1st til march 31th all I do is fishing for BIG pike (snoek).
over a hundred in 3 seasons and at least 25 over 1 meter, my absolute record is 1.22 meter.
I also thaught little thomas how to fish for pike (3 yrs old at the time).
but that`s enough about fishing on an rc forum.
I think if you see the baja you`re in love just like me!

hmm .. i don't like fishing.. i can't sit still for over 5minutes.. i neeeeeed to do something.. i love to drive in the winter .. there nothing cooler than drifting a pool with a monstertruck.. thats just to awesome!!! ...but when it rains i work on my guns or other weapons :d just love to make those to i'm currently building my owne semi-automatic pistol..
and about the love... i'll hope i'm gonna love a lady sometime hehe...
sur do think the baja is a very beutiful buggy and is has a very realistic look but its just to xpensive and i still wanna buy new shoes sometimes to.. i already have my sport schoes for 2years because of my passion for RC driving hehe

I read your message in the shoutbox.
you`re right, if we talk about fishing & guns we should do it by PM.
sooner or later one of the mods or admins gets annoyed by us and I like this forum too much to get into trouble.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back