What connection to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Justin

I was in the process of making all of my stuff with the "Traxxas" style zero loss connections, but see that the new HPI Savage Flux comes with "deans" style. Does anyone have an argument for or against the Traxxas style connections?
Thanks!:santa:

I have never used the Traxxas connections.....I have always used the Deans on all my battery packs, just me. Probably just a personal preference IMO.

My sons have an E-revo and Stampede with Traxxas plugs. Just easier to keep all the connections the same.

The Deans are great and have been around for many moons. I however will be using the new Traxxas plugs for everything that needs that size plug(Current Draw). They are just easier to take apart. I'm not real sure if they actually can flow more current but they are easier to me. However they are a little larger than the deans.

Of course HPI can't use the Traxxas connector hinz the reason for the deans, LOL.

I agree with Larsen.I believe that the Traxxas plugs are just as good(voltage loss) however much much more easy to pull apart

My preference is for the Traxxas connectors over the deans for the following reasons:

1) better grip and easier to connect/disconnect (especially for kids hands)

2) easier to solder, because no shrink tube is needed, as with deans (the TRX soldered tab fits entirely in the connector body)

3) easier to de-solder, because the connector tab can be completely removed from the connector body (no risk of burning the connector body with a soldering iron as with the deans)

Deans are great connectors, but I started out with traxxas connectors, so it was more convenient for me to stay with those connectors than switch to deans.

i perfer deans easier to solder and can with stand high currents with out much lost. also pretty dang cheap and idk bout yuo i don't want my battery to come aprt when running but arent to bad to unplug

I'm going to throw the losi EC5 connectors into the mix. For the big stuff (1/8th) these plugs are the go. For anything 1/10th traxxas or deans are great.

Latest posts

Members online

Back