What are the higher suspension tower holes for??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly sway bars. that link you included doesnt have very clear pics of these "holes"

I think he means the optional upper shock mount holes. They're for different suspension tuning options.

Taken from RCDriver.com

Shock Angle:
Shock angle refers to the mounting position of the shocks on both the upper and lower mounts. Not only are your spring and oil choices important factors in how your vehicle will handle, but they also govern the position in which the top and bottom of your shocks are mounted. Let’s break down the front first. Up top, the outermost mounting position will offer the sharpest steering response and the sharpest or quickest shock response, while the innermost mounting holes will offer less steering while offering smoother shock response. The bottom mounts on the front are pretty much all about cornering. Inner mounts will accentuate the vehicle’s low speed steering while outer holes on the bottom in the front will contribute to high speed cornering ability.

The rear shock’s mounting positions are also about steering response, but also about handling and launch characteristics. On the top of the shocks, an outer hole will also lend itself to more steering and better suspension reaction, while the inner-most mounts will offer better rear traction and an overall smoother ride over rougher terrain. The lower mounting holes on the rear offer even further options for steering response. Inner mounts provide less steering with smooth shock reaction while outer holes equal sharper steering with less control over rough conditions.

Cheers guys, sorry for the confusion. I'd had a wee nightcap of gin and suddenly decided I really needed to know about those other holes (I think I mounted the front shocks on them last time accidentally)

Cheers guys, sorry for the confusion. I'd had a wee nightcap of gin and suddenly decided I really needed to know about those other holes (I think I mounted the front shocks on them last time accidentally)

You wouldn't be the first person to ponder odd things under the influence of a little alcohol. It was a worthwhile question. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Back